cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issue: no signal during power outage

JamonRodriguez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a network issue.

Basically whenever there's a power outage, I lose cellular signal. This has been going on for a long time, and affects 3 other Public Mobile clients, and 1 Virgin client.

My husband on Rogers though, is not affected, he has signal.

Is there any power redundancy built into the equipment for the affected tower?

Can you please advise.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

JamonRodriguez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey everyone,

I've interacted with CS_Agent over the last month.

Basically the answer is that:

"It's normal to lose cell signal during power outage. Everyone is affected, as the tower doesn't have a generator, and only has a battery. When there's an outage, the system will prioritize emergency calls (911 or 411 ect...) There is not much we can do to improve it."

Is this normal?!

This is not my expectation. The service should be available, especially in an outage!

What can I do for them to install a generator at the tower power supply? lol

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JamonRodriguez - this is a public forum where customers and members like you post to help one another. If that is your house address link, I would remove it if I were you. It is no one's business but yours. But you are welcome to provide the city to Public Mobile customer support privately, 

-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JamonRodriguez yes, affecting both Telus and Virgin because Telus/Bell share towers across Canada

It does look like power redundancy is an issue.  Message support and ask them to escalate to Telus Engineer and hope they can confirm

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JamonRodriguez 

that is a good inquiry, one that the customer support agents might be able to confirm on their end.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods: (use option # 2)

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.