Did you mean: 

Network is not connected

Kdhd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife’s phone is subscribed but no service

18 REPLIES 18

Kdhd

Thanks kindly to all that assisted me in solving my issue.  The phone works like a charm. I had to purchase a SIM card at a Telus store. For some reason the esim would not take

computergeek541: Yes, I understand eventually. But it should work in that meantime for outgoing....if it worked of course. 🙂

@dust2dust wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman- I'm not actually sure what happens when an account is cancelled with an incomplete port. Wouldn't the number still kind of work here if only for Telus family callers etc? And outgoing? I guess we'll see if he gets the Rogers account going and tries to port again.

Public Mobile would eventually force the customer to take a new phone number.  Either way, the customer needs to figure out why the Public Mobile service isn't working and get that fixed before Public Mobile customer service requests the number porting to be re-done.

Kdhd

So far the last 2 days have not been a nightmare but night TERROR! Lol

This could be a complete nightmare for him as Rogers isn't the easiest company to deal with. From experience. 

@Chalupa_Batman- I'm not actually sure what happens when an account is cancelled with an incomplete port. Wouldn't the number still kind of work here if only for Telus family callers etc? And outgoing? I guess we'll see if he gets the Rogers account going and tries to port again.

Hey guys. I didn't see the part where he said he cancelled. I missed that part after I posted as someone was at my door. 

@Kdhd  You said YOU cancelled the Rogers service? Or was it cancelled once you requested a port?

You're going to need to call Rogers back and see if you can restart the plan. You can't port inactive numbers.

@Kdhd wrote:

thanks Ken. Can I call this number now to try and resolve my problem?

Please do not contact the Telus porting team for issues such as this. They cannot assist with issues such as having no service/having no network connection.  While there could be a porting issue, you wouldn't  want the port to complete now (if it hasn't yet) because that means that your Rogers service would stop working.  Not being able to connect to a the network is purely an issue that Public Mobile's customer support agents need to handle.

I think it may be after hours due to it being a holiday. But give it a try and see what happens. Worse case you have to call in the morning.

Kdhd

thanks Ken. Can I call this number now to try and resolve my problem?

This will be one of the problems. The port didn't seem to complete but the big error is manually cancelling the old service. A successful port would also close the old account. Never manually close an account when are wish to keep the number.

Kdhd

I subscribed both my phone and my wife’s and my phone is the  one I am communicating on is working perfect but it’s my wife’s phone that disconnected   

Meow
Mayor / Maire

1. Confirm your PM account is Active logging to PM.
2. Try your SIM in another phone.
3. Call your number from another phone and see where call is going. Maybe porting number was not successful. 

It sounds like the port didn't fully complete. I will send you the phone number to contact the porting team.

However your Rogers account needs to be active to port the number. If it's not active, you will not be able to port.

Kdhd

Sorry but I have tried rebooting and resetting internet. I only subscribed 2 days ago called and cancelled Rogers. It was working for only about 2 hours and then SOS. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kdhd  Try rebooting the phone or reset  network settings . If not luck please submit ticket with support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kdhd

Also it shows SOS in status bar 

Need Help? Let's chat.