cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network cellular issue for 1 month URGENT

sobu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have been asking for help about my phone that has been a problem for 1 month now.

I cannot  use it properly ,Important calls I cannot make  the calls would not go through most of the time.

If I do finally get connected and speak with anyone on the phone it stops working within 5 minutes the people on the other end cannot hear me anymore and eventually  business or family have to hang up.

When I try to call out it would be calling with no sound then it ends the call or it would be busy or a message will say "Network cellular cannot make voice calls" So its very frustrating and it is paid for I have been with Public mobile for years now. Even texting sometimes message says "Waiting to connect" which is so odd. Very frustrating trying to make an urgent call from the store and phone won't work. It is important to be able to stay in contact with family and important calls.  PLEASE HELP.

6 REPLIES 6

@sobu Telus and PM has some issue with Winnepeg area and you need VoLTE to work well, and your phone Moto One is NOT a VoLTE compatible version

But you haven't answer where you got your phone from? Moto One has different region variant, so which one you got ?  if it s a non-US version, it could be a phone incompatibility issue

And an important test,  change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works

Also, try to see if you can get a friend with another phone and test your sim card there 

For network, PM is as good as Telus.  so, any of your friend in your neighbourhood is a Telus or Koodo customers? Ask them how well their voice service is 

sobu

I have the same issue. I did remove the Sim card and waited. I did reset Network settings. I did go to a Phone Tech and also a Telus Store. Both checked the Sim and phone and told me it's a Network problem and that Public Mobile is known for that issue. Been with Public Mobile for years and now Network is a problem can't receive any calls and was told it goes straight to voicemail and I cannot even listen to voicemail because the error message is "Network cellular not available for voice calls"  the frustration of seeing that all the time now. I cannot call out and if I'm lucky and the phone is able to finally connect it stops working in the middle of the short conversation, the person on the other end hears Static they say,then they cannot hear me, they are just constantly saying hello!hello!. until the call is ended.  The text messages sometimes go through and other time it's waiting for a connection.. The next step if nothing changes is to look for another provider. However, I did like the deal from Public Mobile that's why I have been with them for years (a long time customer)but I'm missing very important calls from family, friends and business.My phone is fine it's their Network that everyone seems to have an issue. Public Mobile needs to work on that before losing yet another customer.

@sobu where did you get the phone from?  Moto One Action has different region variants. 

The US version should be compatible on PM network but the non US version could have some compatibility issues as it had less compatible bands. You might have the incompatible one.   Check the phone About screen and give us the exact version number 

But try to get a phone from friend and test the PM sim card there. It is an important step to determine if it is a phone problem 

On your own phone, moke sure you have the latest OS update.

And try to change the  preferred network to 3G only or WCDMA only yet?  Test if it helps

You might also want to Reset the phone to Factory Default as well and test. If you are doing that, you can backup your data and phone setting. But after reset, DO NOT rush to restore your data.  Instead,test using your phone for couple days first. And test using both 3G Only mode and other network modes 

If noting works, message support and ask them to reprovision your sim and account once. and hope it helps.  Message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

sobu

Thanks for the replies, my phone is a Motorola One Action. I don't have another phone to check the Sim. Obviously there is network  problem with Public mobile, when will they fix  this major problem? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sobu  

what kind of phone do you have? brand and model?

did you try PM sim card in another phone? maybe it is a device problem?

But try these:

• Reseat the sim card with a reboot.  Power off the phone, take the sim out for a minute and put it back and power up
  • If that does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sobu 

Try the following reboot phone, reset network settings, reinstall SIM card, try SIM card in another unlocked phone. Also try setting your preferred network on your phone to 3G.

If problems continue contact an agent:

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.