cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo credit card / PM / Mastercard

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Anyone else get this Neo credit card offer through PM email or is this a scam . Can earn $100 in rewards paying your PM bill with it from what I’m reading in the email . Just wanted to share and see if anyone else go this offer enjoy your day community 🙂

Handy1_0-1700045149580.png

8 REPLIES 8

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

I got the email and promptly deleted it.  I have a free premium cash back card already.  

I have several. 🙂 I look on this as a $100 welcome bonus, which is not bad for a free card.

Just applied (Nov 26 @ 1am) and got instant approval, though it required uploading pictures of ID and me. I plan to make a single manual payment to PM (either $88.50+$11.51 HST or $100+$13 HST, whichever gets me $100 back). After that I'll have to check the terms very carefully; since PM autopay doesn't process on my other cards as a recurring payment, I'm only getting 1.5% on PM autopay. If neo pays anything half decent, I'll just leave PM on it. If not, I'll drop it. 🙂

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LitlLdy I got this email for all of my Accounts, however since I've already been signed up and I'm using Neo.. I'm not eligible for this Email Offer. 😕🥲

Even before this offer, my Neo card has been great for Premium Cash back when making Payments to Public Mobile.

Screenshot_20231116_143749_Neo.jpgScreenshot_20231116_143823_Neo.jpg

My parents also got the offer, so I'm trying to convince my mom to give it a shot for the $100 back. 

JustinTan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My whole family is using Public Mobile and have been using their service for a number of years now and none of us got this email.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Handy1 

Neo has been really aggressive and seen everywhere, it is  basically the "MBNA" from before 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I got the email and promptly deleted it.  I have a free premium cash back card already.  

These aren't Public Mobile rewards.  Neo Financial does offer cashback to people who make payments to Public Mobile.  I cut my Neo credit card up as being next to useless.  The minimum spend amounts for these types of offers are often ridiculous. Add that to the fact that Neo uses cashback offers to encourage new card users but very often eliminates all cashback offers for that merchant a few months later.

I refuse to use Neo any longer.  They declined a deposit for absolutely no reason from an external bank.  How do I know the error was on Neo's side?  The transaction remained as pending for 17 days.  If the other bank had refused the request, Neo would have known long before that.  Meanwhile, the funds were sitting in the other bank's account the entire time.  Unfortunate things happen, but why do I refuse to do business with them?  I tried multple times, but Neo refused to provide any assistance and just said to wait.  They could not provide any updates and even refused to cancel the transaction.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 , I received the same offer on November 9th!

I remember @Priority mentioning at some point that he signed up but that’s all I remember that he said about it! Maybe he will chime in with some info about it if he still comes on!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Handy1 no scam. It is real and I believe it could still be a targetted offer at this point 

Need Help? Let's chat.