cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to switch to esim

Like2cook
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a present user of Public Mobile. Have been for a number of years. And happy with everything. I do and encounter.

The community has been an excellent help whenever I'm in trouble. Since I'm not very tech savy.

I need to have an Esim as I would like to use a local sim card for the country I visit.

Could you please tell me what I need to do and the pros and cons of having one

Like2cook

4 REPLIES 4

@Like2cook 

the easy solution is..just before you leave Canadian airspace, remove your PM sim from the cell phone and install the foreign sim. When your plane lands, you'll have cell service in the country you're visiting.

Depending on how long you're away from Canada, just before leaving, log in to your PM account and turn off Autopay (now called Subscribed).

@Like2cook 

1. PM has no service in country other than US. So, you can remove the PM sim card and you overseas sim card instead when you travel.  When you come back to Canada, put the PM sim card back

2. YES, you have an account now with PM using physical sim, due to system limitation, you cannot change to eSIM at the moment.  This will change, PM will allows existing subscribers to migrate onto eSIM eventually, but not at the moment

Like2cook
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let me understand you correctly.....I do understand the Esim doesn't work in any country other than Canada and the US.

Are you trying to tell me that for the moment I cannot get an Esim? <<<<For now, eSIM is not an option for existing subscribers. if you really need eSIM, hold on, maybe PM would open this up for everyone in a month or two.>>>>

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Like2cook 

PM sim card cannot be used in another country other than US anyway, why don't you just pull your PM sim card and put in your local sim?

For now, eSIM is not an option for existing subscribers.  if you really need eSIM, hold on, maybe PM would open this up for everyone in a month or two. 

Need Help? Let's chat.