cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to port my phone number to a different mobile. please help

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am trying to port my number over to Shaw mobile,  but encountered error when transferring number over. I never received text from Public Mobile.  Why?

8 REPLIES 8

@t_p wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

As for not receiving the confirmation text message from Public Mobile, please open the chatbot link at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Afer opening that link, type in something such as "porting to another carrier".  Select "transferring my PM number to another carrier", and then "I have not received the confirmation SMS".

@computergeek541

Isn't it customary that it's the other carrier's job to re-initiate the porting and send request?

Yes, but in the case of the new carrier that he customer is swtiching to already submitting the request and Public Mobile simply not sending the text message to allow the customer to port the number out, Public Mobile can resend the text message as long as the original port request is still open. The instructions that I provided are actually provided by Public Mobile. I'm uncertain if the porting request is still open or not as the OP said that an error was encountered without providing further details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twlau65 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@twlau65   It is certainly quicker to ask Shaw to reinitiate the porting request.  Just make sure your PM account is Active, not suspended. 

If you suspect it is something wrong on the PM side, you can also contact PM with this link: 

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

ref: Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 wrote:

Hi I am trying to port my number over to Shaw mobile,  but encountered error when transferring number over. I never received text from Public Mobile.  Why?

You'll need to ask Shaw to re-initiate the transfer if the first one failed.

@computergeek541 wrote:

As for not receiving the confirmation text message from Public Mobile, please open the chatbot link at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Afer opening that link, type in something such as "porting to another carrier".  Select "transferring my PM number to another carrier", and then "I have not received the confirmation SMS".

@computergeek541

Isn't it customary that it's the other carrier's job to re-initiate the porting and send request?

@JK8 wrote:

@twlau65 wrote:

Try again, but clear your cache and cookies and then open a new browser window in incognito. You can also try another device. Chrome works well.

The customer is tranferring from Public Mobile to Freedom Mobile/Shaw Mobile. While Freedom has never had a great reputation for network reliability, their activation and account websites have always worked reasonably well.

@twlau65 wrote:

Is your Public Mobile account still active?   When transfering from Public Mobile to another carrier, be sure to use the Public Mobile account number, but do not use account PIN and do not use IMEI.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.