cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change my account activation to an eSIM, not SIM that will be mailed

SarahB07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am looking for info as to how to change my account to an eSIM card instead of being mailed a SIM card which will take too long (i live in a rural town).  I tried to sign up on my phone and it didn't give me the option to select an eSIM card.  Of course being Christmas there is no customer service available, if I just create a new account will they refund me the other plan I originally signed up for with the SIM card? Or is there something i'm missing? When i log into my account all it says tis that it's waiting for me activate the SIM card when it arrives.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

But online has them both physical sim and eSIM  for free so no need to buy another sim either way @SarahB07 

HI @SarahB07 

would Amazon ship to your quick?  Amazon has it for $4.99 with free prime shipping

SarahB07

Thanks, I have set up a new Evercare account and was about to submit a new subscription, but I was afraid I wouldn't get a refund on my first order so will wait and see if I get a response from Customer Service.

SarahB07

Oh, good to know! And yeah....closest Telus store is a 3-hr drive away 😞

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SarahB07 PM is pre paid and no refunds . But lately we have seen some potential customers end up not activating a plan and able to get refund for not ever activating . So you can also confirm this with support . But you could then create a new account right now with new email and do eSIM right from the start of activation . And get set up right away on new plan . Just a thought 

HI @SarahB07 

yes, I think you need support agent's help with chagning to eSIM please submit a ticket with CS Agent here to ask them to help with eSIM 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

But there is really no Telus or Koodo store close by ?  it is better to stay with Physical sim than esim.  With physical, you can change phone in the future without paying extra money            

SarahB07

Unfortunately I'm stuck in a loop as it won't let me go further in the MyAccount settings until I activate the SIM card, which won't be here until Jan 3 according to my welcome email.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @SarahB07 

Here are some steps that can help you to transition from a SIM to an eSIM:

1. Download and install the Public Mobile app on your device
  2. Open the app and begin the eSIM activation process
  3. Select ‘Pay & Install’ and complete the payment. Your eSIM will be installed and your current SIM card number will be automatically replaced with the eSIM number
  4. You can remove your SIM card. It is no longer necessary to access Public Mobile services after the eSIM is activated

Note: Remember, once the eSIM is installed, it cannot be transferred to another device.

Note: Not all devices are eSIM compatible. For more information on eSIMs, please visit this help article.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SarahB07 you don't sign up again just for the eSim.  Instead, you login to your own My Account on the app.  So, download and install the app, login to your My Account with the current PM account, go to Subscription & add-on page and scoll down , click Shop new sim card and buy esim there

but if you just activate and not fully setup your account yet,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here to ask them to help with eSIM 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SarahB07  You will need to contact support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.