cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need tech support to contact me to help port my current Koodo phone number to Public Mobile

mck23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need tech support to contact me to help order the $25 / month 1 GB 3G plan, port my current Koodo phone number to Public Mobile and activate the SIM I have already received. I do not do apps on the phone, it is only for voice calling and I only communicate via email. I hope someone can contact me today as I will not have email access for a week or so starting tomorrow Oct 14.

10 REPLIES 10

@mck23  sign in to Google, get the app from Google Play, and then sign out from Google.  If you want to discuss this with customer service to see if there's any way they can help, send a private message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You will need to monitor your community inbox for a reply (envelope top right or click on your avatar for "messages"

You know the phone company and CSIS and the NSA and the cops can track you too, right? I suppose you also don't know anybody with an iphone and logged into their Apple ID? Because, you know, tracking and all that.

mck23

Neither my friend or I have a google account and we don't intend to open one either since we don't wasnt to let google follow us around. Where can I get the app without having to sign in to google?

Your phone, if compatible. Otherwise a compatible phone. The sim doesn't need to be put in the other phone. Unless you're using esim.

@mck23   It can be either your phone or your friend's phone, and the app can be deleted once you have activated.  Is your Koodo account postpaid or prepaid?  According to the PM FAQ "if you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents" in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

mck23

So does this app have to be installed on my friend's phone or on my phone which is coming to Public Mobile?

HI @mck23 

sorry, it's app for iOS and Android only, won't work on Windows laptop.

Please find a friend to help.  

No, it's Android or iOS. And even that has to be known to be using the Canada region.

Adding - Maybe an emulator might work. I've never tried one or know if one exists.

mck23

Can this be done on a Windows laptop, not a phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mck23 

sorry, support cannot help to activate new account anymore

What you need to do is to get a friend to help.  Have a friend to download the app and help you with the activation.  Your friend can delete the app after and you can access everything on browser without the app after the activation.

So, start with finding a friend to help

and for porting, you can request that during activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.