cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more detail regarding Promotional Canada US Plan (75G)

Sledhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd like to sign up for the Promotional 75 GB within Canada and the US Data Plan at 5G Speed Plan.  I'm hoping that someone has used this service in the US and can answer a few questions.  Details seem to be purposely vague.

- Who does Public Mobile partner with in the USA?  T-Mobile? AT&T? Verizon?

- Is it pure 5G? or a mixture of 3G, 4G & 5G?  The US Coverage map does NOT specify speed.  Just the Canadian Coverage Map identifies 4G & 5G.

- The promotion mentions a "bucket" of data and after that is used up, the data gets throttled.  Is that the 75G in the promotion?  What happens if you exceed the allotted 75G.  Cut off?  Get a warning?  Throttled data?  Automatically charged a surplus fee?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

@Sledhead   Yes, I have an iPhone 13 and it is VoLTE enabled.  The high speed bucket would be whatever the plan offers, in your case 75GB to last for 30 days.

Sledhead

I have an iPhone 13Pro.  A quick search indicated the iPhones 12 and above are VoLTE enabled with current iOS.

Sledhead

Thanks!

Are users satisfied with the connectivity is the US?  I still don't understand the high-speed bucket that is mentioned in the plan.  How big is it?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sledhead 

for optimum talk-ability in US...make sure your phone is volte enabled by PM. Without it, you're stuck with 2G for talk in US as they've discontinued 3G. Volte is what you should be able to use for best results in US.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Sledhead  There's no surplus fee, since the Can/US plans are not unlimited it will just cut off.  Bear in mind the USA no longer has any 3G networks so to work for voice calls you need a VoLTE capable/enabled phone or be able to drop to T-Mobile's 2G (where it is still available).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sledhead 

- PM partners with T-Mobile and AT&T

- you can access 4G and 5G on those networks (and 2G with T-Mobile for voice).  But roaming on 4G is more reliable

- Canada-US plan does not have unlimited data at 512mbps

Need Help? Let's chat.