cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more US data - URGENT

axyprang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have already purchased the 1GB data add on, but need more as I'll be at an event this afternoon that will require a lot of data. Can an employee help set me up with more data as from what I'm reading I won't be able to buy another package for 24hrs? Even if that's not true I won't have wifi access to purchase more.

Thanks for any help!

11 REPLIES 11

Meow: Correct.

@Meow wrote:

That will be the most expensive option!

Roaming is never cheap.. it's a convenient way for people who want to keep connected without doing much (but it is not that convenient here in PM)

Carriers love roaming, this is where they make real money

@dust2dust wrote:

So you are saying one can buy different US data add-ons and have them on account at the same time (1GB+500MB+250MB) but cannot stack the Same one (5x1GB), correct?

That will be the most expensive option!

Meow: The system won't let you buy the same add-on while it's active. You can buy the 1gb and then 500 and the 250 all stacked or a bundle and it'll all work. It's the talk part that doesn't stack. I'm not certain about text. But the 240 hour expiry lets you buy a different talk part and not need to wait it out.

@softech wrote:

I am not even sure if PM Support can arrange a large amount of data ahead of time.    

Max US data roaming add-on from PM is 1GB for $20. Even if OP want to use more than one, will agent be able to stack them? It will be really expensive...

@BeachNBeer   Yes, I agree.  I always think local prepaid service is always better

I am re-reading OP message.. My initial feeling was OP already used up 1GB and need more now, but it could also understand as @axyprang  just got 1GB and already notice it is not enough even before using this 1GB.  If that is the case, then definitely go down Walmart and get local data.  I am not even sure if PM Support can arrange a large amount of data ahead of time.    

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I tried to add more than 1 US data add-on and system did not let me. It looks like you can buy one US add-on at the time (data and/or text) and US data cannot be stacked, same as US talk add-on.

Oracles or more experienced customers to confirm, please!

Ask agent how to handle this kind of situation. Maybe buying local SIM for this even is worth the money?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech  I'd go the other route and ask support to refund what I just purchased. $40 CAD for 2 gigs of data. Crazy. Walmart phone section is USA has numerous prepaid options. You could get like 15 gigs for $30 lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@axyprang   You can ask PM Support to buy the new 1GB data add-on for you.  First, make sure you load enough fund in your account so PM Support can just go ahead with the purchase after getting your ticket and verified your account

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@axyprang Your event doesn't have wifi? 

If not, I'd suggest stopping at a Walmart (if one is near you) many prepaid plans for dirt cheap that come with lots or even unlimited data. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I am aware on US talk restrictions only. US roaming Talk cannot be stacked.

As for data I am not aware of any restrictions (but I might be wrong).

To contact agent to assist you: Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.