cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!

Latinjojo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just reset my iPhone and now my eSIM is gone !! How do I add it back to my phone !! 

7 REPLIES 7

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Latinjojo - Did you use recovery mode or just normal iPhone reset?

You can stop eSIM from deleting on iPhone reset but not during recovery mode reset.

Great! I know the first one is free after that... might want to consider physical SIM for the future.  If you change phone, just have to remove.

Ask the bot if you can get a credit, I doubt it but you could try.

Adding, if you need to reset phone again make sure to disable esim first. You could enable after.

Latinjojo

Thx you got my number back and eSIM working back on my phone sucks tho I had to pay for eSIM again tho wasn’t free ugh 😞 this should be free considering I already bought one from before 

@Latinjojo 

Since you login to My Account to get a replacement esim, the new esim will tie to the same account and therefore you will get to keep your phone number

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Once you purchase the esim, go to Profile, scroll to SIM card, click the pencil to change the number. Save

Screenshot_20240314_190040_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latinjojo

Thank you ! But will I get my phone number back ? Is my question ? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Latinjojo 

you are lucky, getting a replacment esim is now Free

You just need to download the app on your new phone.  Then go to Account page, choose Purchase SIM Card and then  eSIM. 

The app will check if your phone is  eSIM compatible, and it shouldn't ask you to pay after confirming you already bought an esim before.

Need Help? Let's chat.