cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with activation

Jo20124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated my new sim 16hrs ago, but it doesn't seem like it worked. I chose the option to transfer my old number. The public mobile app shows my old number from Telus. I am unable to send texts. And my phone says "emergency calls only". My old Telus sim is still working when I put it in.

I tried restarting my phone a few times yesterday and this morning. No effect. I tried in settings to register to the Public Mobile Network but it fails. The apn settings look correct.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S9+

7 REPLIES 7

In this case, you actually will need to contact customer service agent. Submit a ticket for CSA help via the chat bot or via the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Jo20124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

😩I called them and during the call I got the porting text from Telus. I then lost Telus a few seconds later. Put in Public Mobile SIM and the phone still can't connect to the Public Mobile network. Now I gotta call them back from another phone 😩

sigdog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After requesting the number transfer, which sim card was in the phone? 

The account was not set up properly.  Likely need customer service agent help before calling the Telus porting team.  

If exclusively a porting issue, OP should be able to text and call out.  Just unable to receive calls and text.

If OP ports into an improperly set up account, that may cause more issues.  

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jo20124 - Go here for the porting number: Messages 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jo20124 

What about data service?  What about calling?  incoming and outgoing?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jo20124  I’ll private message you the porting team number . Give them a call they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.