cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finishing the porting process from Speak Out 7-11 to Public Mobile please

sandranadan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent Could you assist me in finishing the process of porting my number over from Speak Out 7-11?

As you probably know, Speak Out doesn't give account numbers or PIN numbers. I can PM one of you any information you require.. Just let me know who to message and what info you need.

Thank you!!

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

Are personal macros open source?  

your are correct, I should add TM and copyright at the end of the macro. 🙂  

wrote:

If we steal shamelessly from each other, it will almost look like the same person is sending out every response. 

yeah that would  look kind of funny but it would also say hey PM maybe you should make some changes to the forums or fix yoru issues, since most of the users have the same common issues (portal, activation autopay password reset etc)  the only option is to contact mods.  if those were magically fixed there would be no need for macros. 

I will edit my above  reply a little 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Are personal macros open source?  If we steal shamelessly from each other, it will almost look like the same person is sending out every response. 

mimmo

@wetcoaster steal, borrow,  but  modify to make it your own.  Its all good.    the important thing is giving the users the most accurate and compete info to resolve their issues in a timly manner.  who knows i might steal parts of yours 🙂

@mimmo

It's fantastic! At one point I considered stealing it - can't give you guys a bigger compliment than that. 🙂

Until I have time to find my own format I'll be using my little, incomplete blurb...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@wetcoaster, @ mimmo_L, Hello! Thank you for the suggestion. Will certainly be doing that from now on. 🙂 Thanks again! 

mimmo

@wetcoaster the macro as a joint effort with @srlawren.   I do agree 100% that if/when  @CS_Agent  is going to jump into threads they should be more comprehensive in their answers. Instead of simply  saying "send us a private message" Tell users what info to include ie pin number and account issues etc that way needless back and forth can be avoided.  Many users have developed macros to help users ensure they send the needed info the first time around.  

wrote:

@sandranadan, Hi there, please send us a private message with your account information for assistance. Thank you! 

@CS_Agent

Could you please remember to add the link to the private message form if you ask a customer to send you one?

Often people post here in the public forum because they don't find that information... (and once in a while @mimmo might not be in front of his screen to provide his awesome write-up fast enough...)

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

wrote:

@CS_Agent Could you assist me in finishing the process of porting my number over from Speak Out 7-11?

As you probably know, Speak Out doesn't give account numbers or PIN numbers. I can PM one of you any information you require.. Just let me know who to message and what info you need.

Thank you!!

SpeakOut doesn't have account numbers but they do set up PINs. If you don't have one yet you should call them and set it up (you'll need two frequently dialed phone numbers to verify that the account is yours)

Any SpeakOut customer in the process of switching to PM needs to talk to a SpeakOut CSR to confirm that this is still the case, but back in April 2017, when I was porting from SpeakOut, the SO CSR told me that SpeakOut need the IMEI and PIN to be able to process the port request. If you have changed phones while being with SpeakOut it might be worthwhile to confirm with them what IMEI (and PIN) they have on file.

Make sure that you have a positive balance in your SO account / keep it active - it will close automatically when the port is complete.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@sandranadan, Hi there, please send us a private message with your account information for assistance. Thank you! 

mimmo

Here is all the info you need.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.