cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating sim card. Customer service is not responding

BorisBago
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've run into a little problem and I seriously need help.

I purchased a new sim card exactly 1 week ago and it arrived in the mail on Monday of this week. I was following the instructions on porting my old phone number to Public on the app, however, I am stuck in a login loop on the app. I enter my e-mail and password, I receive the code, and when I hit confirm, it reloads back into the login page. Because of this issue, I cannot activate my new line.

I asked a question here on Monday when I was experiencing the issue above, and was told by the community to open a ticket with customer service, which I did. To this day, I still did not receive a response from them, and it's now been 4 days. To make matters worse, my plan with my old provider is ending today, so if this isn't resolved by the end of day, I will not have a phone line active. 

Can someone from customer service please answer me!

4 REPLIES 4

BorisBago

If I use another phone, wouldn't that cause issues setting up the line?

BorisBago

Tried and done that. Same issue. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BorisBago , try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  The looping might be due to data caching problems.  If you are having difficulties navigating the ticketing process you can use this link to send a private message directly the the CSA team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @BorisBago 

do you have another phone to help to install the app and try there?

if you don't  have another phone, uninstall the app from your own phone, and reinstall after a reboot and see if it helps

unfortunately, only support agent can help at this point.  so, if still having problem, please message them again here (and remember to check the Community inbox for agent's reply)      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.