cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

Aylin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and want to port out my phone number. I got a deal through Fido including a new phone. How do I transfer my number now that I cannot accept an SMS code. Thanks... 

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aylin 

I believe you can authorize the port "verbally" or rather written authorization thru customer support but before you do so I would suggest you take the first 14 days of service with fido to  test the service and your new phone to see if it lives up to your expectations. That is the trial period (15 days) on a contract/device subsidy with a new provider that if you are not happy with your service you can change your mind and cancel and return the phone with reasonable usage (half of your plan amount) at no cost or penalty to you. You can then pick up here where you left off....any rewards or points, add ons and balance intact. Just pay and reactivate your account.

If you love your new phone and service with fido after two weeks you can arrange to port your number to fido then. Pay and reactivate on the $15 plan and port out at your leisure sometime in the next 28/29 days. If you must purchase a sim card to port out order a $5 sim card from pm store and pay reactivate once it arrives on the $15 plan and port out as above and authorize the port via the SMS PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving the text. Good Luck!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aylin  To change plan, you need to have an active plan with an active sim card.  The reason you need an active sim card is that after you submitted a porting request , PM will send you a text for your approval and you need to reply YES within 90 mins

I understand in your case, you dropped the phone and do not have a sim card.  Usually this rule is strict unless you are porting within Telus family, which you are not in your case.

you can try to open a ticket with PM support and see if they will allow a verbal approval instead of an sms approval

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.