cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Need Help! Port seems partially successful

alphahotelcopy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community,

I am a new Public customer and just recently ported from Fido.  At first it seemed the port was successful as I can use data and even make outbound calls (my number ported shows correctly on my wife's phone on inbound call).  However, I am UNABLE TO RECEIVE any calls or receive any traditional SMS (this is crucial for 2FA banking, etc).  I tried the chat bot and was directed to submit a ticket, but the ticket system keeps giving me errors and won't let me actually submit... so strange. Really need assistance as I need to receive calls/sms urgently.

Thank you, 

Anson

4 REPLIES 4

HI @alphahotelcopy 

glad it works !!

Enjoy

alphahotelcopy

Just want to thank @hTideGnow and @razvan from the port help desk that sorted out my issue so promptly.  Phone is now fully functional both Inbound and Outbound for calls and SMS.  I'm really impressed with Public Mobile thus far!

Tip: Make sure you keep your old SIM in the phone when you are porting (especially from Rogers/Fido) so that you can reply "YES" to the porting approval process.  They require this as a security measure to proceed.  If you do not reply within the 90 min window, the port will be cancelled and you will need to do this again.

alphahotelcopy

Hi @hTideGnow ,

Unfortunately I did not reply to the SMS from Fido within the 90 min window.  I actually went to the Fido store and they said it looks like the port was completed since I can make outbound calls (just cannot receive).  The lady at the store said there's no such thing as partially ported? If it was not successful, I would not be able to call out on my phone and it show my correct number.

I would really appreciate a phone number I can contact for help so the porting team can help me get things sorted.  Much appreciated. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@alphahotelcopy 

unable to receive inbound calls means the port was not done.  did you got a text from your old carrier and you replied Yes?  

I will send you a number to the porting team, call them and they can help and re-initiate the porting request.  Check Community inbox for the phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.