cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name attached to my number

Gio1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

When i get the phone number, there is a name of another person than it´s attached to my phone number and appears to some persons i call.

I need Public erase that name of my phone number, please give a solution

4 REPLIES 4

I can also confirm that outgoing caller ID NAME is not sent when calling others from Public Mobile.

Some phones like Samsung have an app pre-installed called "Smart Call" which has it's own database, which is mostly sourced from people sharing their address books..

Hiya / Smartcall unlink: https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=824667

Another common app is https://www.truecaller.com/

These apps are quite privacy invasive... TrueCaller won't even let you search their database unless you login with a Google or Microsoft account and share access to your contacts as well.. Smiley Frustrated

Found the unlist link for TrueCaller: https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting

There may be others...

@Gio1 wrote:

Hi

When i get the phone number, there is a name of another person than it´s attached to my phone number and appears to some persons i call.

I do not believe that this is something that Public Mobile can help with. To my knowledge, Public Mobile still does not broadcast any name with the phone number on an outgoing call.  Some phones check an internet database when there's an incoming call, but those types of databases are not maintained by Public Mobile.

@zblackma wrote:

Contact a moderator. Use the green questiomark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. It connects you to Simon the autobot. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.

@Gio1 wrote:

Hi

@zblackma PM would like the customer to go through SIMon by actually putting in their issue and following the prompts.  This will help them gather data on what current issues are causing the most problems and to focus on resolutions.  It also helps prioritize the issues at hand and deal with the most pressing concerns first.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator. Use the green questiomark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. It connects you to Simon the autobot. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.

@Gio1 wrote:

Hi

Need Help? Let's chat.