cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Services

Habib-khaja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! 

I have bought a new SIM card for my daughter  and did the self activation the way we have done before. But this the first time it's giving me hard time from September 9th to till now shows " NO Services" . Is there anyone can help me to resolve this issue. 

I activated the sim and got the new number as well. Don't know what to do. I paid in advance for next month as well. 

Pls help, is there any customer service over phone? 

My phone is ok I tried with my other Public mobile Sim with the phone and it's working.

So the problem should be the new line.

Pls help!!!

Thanks 

HABIB

Markham ON

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Habib-khaja 

Try a couple of things first to see if it PM SIM works.

- Power off your daughter’s phone and wait a couple of minutes then power back on again.

- Try your daughter’s PM SIM in your phone to see if it works. If it works on your phone, it could be a problem with your daughter’s phone. If it doesn’t work then the activation was not completed.

Check your Self Serve account to see if your daughter’s phone number is registered.

Remember, you can’t use the same email address for both accounts.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@computergeek541   Cool, will update.  Cos some users before got mixed up at the prompt and keep entering the My Account info

Both logins are asked for unless the ticket is about a forgotten self serve password. 

@computergeek541   Cool, will update.  Cos some users before got mixed up at the prompt and keep entering the My Account info

@hTideGnow 

The Community log in details do not validate a customer's identity.  It only tells the CSA where to send information to. The identity verification is done (in most cases) by the ticketing system asking for Self Serve login information.  The Community log

in is asked for first, but that isn't a security measure.  You could actually provide the information for any Community account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Habib-khaja 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Habib-khaja 

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!  🙂

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting service.  I really like @Triguy's suggestion of double checking whether you actually got charged.  Here are some other ideas:

• Try "Activating" the SIM card again online just in case it didn't actually get activated... Error activating?  It probably is activated
  • Try putting her SIM card into your phone - does it work?  You can set up a Self Service account to login and see the status
  • Porting/Transferring phone numbers can slow your ability to use the service (but shouldn't show No Service)... let us know if you did because there could be more things we can say about this
  • Glitch!  Public Mobile has many system glitches unfortunately... if you reach out to a CS Agent (ticket, chat bubble, lower-right corner), you can ask for them to reprovision your account and hopefully that will fix things

Finally, after all this, restart your phone in case it needs to completely re-register with the network.

No phone number for customer service otherwise - it's all virtual to keep costs low.  🙂

Let us know how it goes!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into the account to check the status.  Was your credit card charged ?  Try shutting down your phone remove the sim then replace the sim and turn it back on.  Also try putting it in airplane mode then back to active.  If you still need assistance the contract a CSA.  

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Habib-khaja   

Try to put this new PM SIM in another phone if possible and see how it goes.  

(yes, I understand you tried an old sim on this phone, but just want to see if something different will happen if you put this new PM SIM in another phone. )

Also, what kind of phone you have ?

There was some issue with PM system last week, so, not sure if your new activation got into issue due to that.

If you want to open a ticket with PM, use the Chatbot on the lower right:

type: Activation
click "Activation isn't working"
click "Other/Error code 821"
click "Contact Us"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket successfully opened, keep checking your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right)  CS Agent will communicate with you there

Need Help? Let's chat.