cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUG

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

WOWIE and not in a good way. There seems to be a new bug that affects current customers: SERVICE JUST STOPS. Payment is up to date and  account may even say "Active". I am responding as follows:

Seems to be a new bug. Robot Frustrated

Do one, or all, of the following:

- post your issue to PM on Facebook/Twitter

- send tech support the webform found by following the "buttons" in this link, https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

- send a private message to any moderator ( @Shazia_K for example) with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be several days before they respond

While your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
20 REPLIES 20

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Don't forget to try facebook, twitter or even instagram.

cotemat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I lost my service on the renewal date, I paid for 90 days, (transaction successful) but not services since... It's been 5days... Can't get any responses from Public Mobile 😞

Rockdaddy22
I've been with PM over a year and have never lost service. I think it's pretty rare

david_l
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Uh... is there any known reason why this bug occurs? Does doing something in particular make it more likely for this bug to occur? I ask because I use this phone for business and if my service goes down for a long period of time, I am screwed and may need to jump ship to a more reliable carrier.

cotemat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have the same issue, it's been more than 4 days now and I can't get any responses from Public Mobile

Extremely disappointed

Reference tag: #3155-5947

imm1304

My guess is that you are a "new" client to the system because someone at PM refreshed/re-created your account to fix whatever issues your account was having.  

Glad to hear that you didn't personally experience that long list of problems.  

@imm1304 lol that was for "new" clients

And no I did not personally have every issue on list (prob half Cat LOL )

I was just commenting on what has been happening around here

imm1304

@kav2001c,

Thats a whole lot of problems to deal with in such a short time.  

Incredible is the fact that you kept your cool through all this. 

You deserve to win the $100 gift for the survey. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Hmm

In just over a month...

Failed plan changes YES

Failed activations YES

Payment problems YES

Service interuptions YES

Giving away phone numbers YES

Account deactivations YES

SIM cards unprovisioned YES

Port problems YES

Rewards gone YES

I can only shake my head 

I know mods are working hard to fix urgent issues but I hope Public powers are trying to fix the plumbing underneath though

jigginsmcgee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Pretty frustrating to see @Shazia_K come in here and help somebody out when folks have been waiting days without a reply (yes, I'm one of those folks).

I'm one of those that fall under the renewal bug that has dropped service completely. Sad times indeed.

srlawren

@Shazia_K to the rescue!  @robertbarrett please send her your phone number by private message for assistance.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@daredogg thanks!  It was a bit of a desperation move as I was getting quite a few people private messaging me during the promo period thinking I could fix up their accounts.  It wasn't a big deal to reply and point them towards a moderator, but sometimes it wasn't convenient for me to get to the message right away, and it would just add more delay to them getting help.  I figured the footer (signature in My Settings) was worth a try.  It seems to be working.

Yeah I'm sure you and I weren't alone.  I'd bet @Rockdaddy22 and the other oracles got a lot of private messagess.  Probably several other active community members probably got contacted too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @robertbarrett

I'm sorry about this, 

I did receive your PM but the public Mobile phone number is missing. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Thanks @srlawren, makes sense with less opportunity for error with the 90 day plans. My initial experience with the moderators was great, and I hope by the time January rolls around, the speed of response will be back to normal (or at least the new normal, whatever that may be).

BTW, I like your message footer... I had a few people private messaging me, thinking I was a moderator as well.

srlawren

@robertbarrett did you send a private message to one of the moderators?  I'm pretty sure @Shazia_K was working this morning, probably still is. 

srlawren

@daredogg this doesn't seem to affect everyone.  I still think you're better off to go to a 90 day plan in Jan if you can. By then, hopefully the backlog will be long gone (there will be some residuals over the next little while of people with scheduled plan changes to the promo plan that won't work, but overall the big bulk should be done well before then), so you should be able to get it resolved pretty quickly if there is an issue.  The 90 day plans are a better value, and once you're on it, you're renewals are 3 times less frequent, so even fewer opportunity for renewal related issues.  

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Wow @Luddite more and more I'm seriously reconsidering changing my plan to anything else, ever. I was saving up for a 90 day plan starting in January, but maybe I'll just stick with the 30 days at a time. Just wondering, did you decide to upgrade to promo plan, or did you stay with what you had?

robertbarrett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. I've had no service since yesterday

Mods, any help?

imm1304

It happened to one of my lines mid-cycle.  Luckily, it was just the first day of the new promo and one of the mods was able to sort it out within minutes.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

YIKES so your service has just stopped on its renewal date?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.