cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP FOR account issue

flyingdida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

we just came back from vacation and find out we can not log into our account. could you help us to get account acctive again. thanks

13 REPLIES 13

flyingdida

@popping wrote:

@flyingdida wrote:

@popping wrote:

@flyingdida wrote:

Hi 

we just came back from vacation and find out we can not log into our account. could you help us to get account acctive again. thanks

How long you were on vacation?

If it is over 90 days, you account may be canceled.  You need to get a new SIM card to activate a new plan.

If less than 90 days, you can call 611 using your phone to add fund to your account to get your phone working again.

You can also try the password reset link on the login page.

there is no single oversea and i think it just over 90 days. can i active new sim with my priviouse number?

It depends on when was you last renewal date.  Your account may not be cancel yet.

Can you still call 611 from your phone?

If yes, add fuind to your account to reactivate your account.

If no, you need to get a new SIM card to activate another account.

As soon as your account was canceled 90 dats after suspension, your phone will be returned to the provider who gave you your number. 

If your number is given by Telus/Koodo/PM, you can ask moderator to look for your old number. 

If your number was from other provider, Since your number is from Chatr, you cannot get your old number back.  Just get a new number for PM when you activate you new plan. If you want, your can activate a cheap plan with Chatr and hoping they can get your old number back.  After that, you can port your old number to PM again.  It is lot of work just to get you old number back.

Thank you for your detail info. this number was issue by fido back to 13 years ago. it looks like i have to go back to Fido and get it back. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@flyingdida wrote:

@popping wrote:

@flyingdida wrote:

Hi 

If it is over 90 days, you account may be canceled.  You need to get a new SIM card to activate a new plan.

If less than 90 days, you can call 611 using your phone to add fund to your account to get your phone working again.

there is no single oversea and i think it just over 90 days. can i active new sim with my priviouse number?

It depends on when was you last renewal date.  Your account may not be cancel yet.

Can you still call 611 from your phone?

If yes, add fuind to your account to reactivate your account.

If no, you need to get a new SIM card to activate another account.

As soon as your account was canceled 90 dats after suspension, your phone will be returned to the provider who gave you your number. 

If your number is given by Telus/Koodo/PM, you can ask moderator to look for your old number. 

If your number was from other provider, Since your number is from Chatr, you cannot get your old number back.  Just get a new number for PM when you activate you new plan. If you want, your can activate a cheap plan with Chatr and hoping they can get your old number back.  After that, you can port your old number to PM again.  It is lot of work just to get you old number back.

@flyingdida wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@flyingdida  Your number and account have been de-activated since it's been over 90 days since renewal.   You can only get your old number back if it was originally from Telus/Koodo or PM.  If it was then you need to contact moderators and make a request for your old number to be re-instated.

how can I contact moderators . useing tick system?

@flyingdida  It is only worthwhile contacting them if your number was originally issued by Telus/Koodo or Public Mobile. 

If your number was issued by Chatr, then you need to contact Chatr about opening an account with them first and see if they will retrieve your number for you.  After that you can go about opening a new account with PM and port in your number that way.  However, you have to consider the costs of opening new account and SIM with Chatr in order to try and retrieve your old number.

Your best option is to take a new number with PM when activating a new account.

Here is the link to contact and submit a ticket to moderatos via SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

flyingdida

@dabr wrote:

@flyingdida  Your number and account have been de-activated since it's been over 90 days since renewal.   You can only get your old number back if it was originally from Telus/Koodo or PM.  If it was then you need to contact moderators and make a request for your old number to be re-instated.

how can I contact moderators . useing tick system?

flyingdida

@dabr wrote:

@flyingdida wrote:

it shoule be just over 90days.  

it i got get new sim. can i have same number as before?

Was the number from PM, Telus or Koodo?  Then you might be able to retrieve it, otherwise the number is probably lost.  You could try contacting the original provider and may need to open an account with them before being allowed to port it back to PM.

Probably would be easier to just select a new number now.

i port over around AUG, 2019 from Chartr.  how could I get orignal number back

flyingdida

@popping wrote:

@flyingdida wrote:

Hi 

@flyingdida wrote:

Was the number from PM, Telus or Koodo?  Then you might be able to retrieve it, otherwise the number is probably lost.  You could try contacting the original provider and may need to open an account with them before being allowed to port it back to PM.

Probably would be easier to just select a new number now.

flyingdida

popping

@flyingdida wrote:

Hi 

srlawren

@flyingdida wrote:

Hi 

@flyingdida how long were you away?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@flyingdida   You'll need to contact moderators for a password reset, send a message via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

Check the envelope icon (next to your avatar) for a response from the moderators.  Their password reset code has a two hour expiry timeline, so make sure to check your messages/email for their response.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@flyingdida wrote:

Hi 

Have you tried the forgot password feature?  If you have and that isn't working you will need to create a trouble ticket.  To do that click on the "?" in the bottom right corner of the screen and follow the prompts through SIMon the chatbot

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.