cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery data usage on more the merrier data add on

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Just checked my account and the new data add on has used 37mb while I'm sitting at home on WiFi. My data counter shows only 63kb that was used in the last 28 days on my other data add on. That usage matches. The longer I wait for a moderator the more issues are starting to creep up on both of my accounts.  I started with one 7 hours ago...now I have four issues. Feels like friday the 13th around here.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

At  some point between yesterday and today the data reset itself in my account. I haven't tested yet to see which data add on will get used now....I'll do a test and check eventually. Don't want to waste my precious 4G data on this account. But right as rain for now?? Renewal tonight it could all go south again.

Yes. Mine did too. One of my accounts had the rapid consumption problem yesterday. Now fine and reset to 0. I have the earlier 5gb promo on that account and it started to draw from the gift account. As it also did with the summer gift (that I had consumed before this gift).

At  some point between yesterday and today the data reset itself in my account. I haven't tested yet to see which data add on will get used now....I'll do a test and check eventually. Don't want to waste my precious 4G data on this account. But right as rain for now?? Renewal tonight it could all go south again.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is your plan data exhausted? wouldn't that be used up first anyway? 

@Vishal-26I have already checked that and generally the usage is only off by less than 100kb. 37mb is not showing on any apps and any data usage showing on my other data add one is correctly accounted for.

@akykim  While this can use up a small amount of data it would not use 37mb and my data tracker shows 495kb for the last 28days. The increase to 495kb today accounts for the switching between SIM cards in my dual SIM phone and shows in my OS app usage of 482kb and 6.37kb in my Google play app usage. All other apps are restricted and show no usage. Have a moderator looking into both of my accounts with issues today and I will report back on the results.

akykim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you have wifi that drops and reconnect then you use phone's data. See if disabling your mobile data at home and check again to see if you use promo data. 

Vishal-26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data counters on phones are usually incorrect. Login to self serve to see how much data you actually have remaining. 

Need Help? Let's chat.