cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My voice is distorted during phone calls

Lolo-Yoyo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My voice is not being heard (or is being distorted) during regular phone calls but during WhatsApp calls it is fine. Do I need a new SIM card? What is the issue?

14 REPLIES 14

@Lolo-Yoyo  We happy you got it working 🙂

Good news. Keep in mind this should only be temporary. Seems somethings going on with LTE in your area. Maybe think about putting it back, say on Saturday.

Lolo-Yoyo

I had tried all the rebooting options with no success.

Lolo-Yoyo

THANK YOU. This seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for walking me through the process!

AdaReb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not usually the sim card. Either the phone or poor reception area. Reboot the phone try again. If you have access you could also try your sim in another phone to see what happens. I have issues with my cheap phone however my friends iphone has great reception with my same sim card. Just a few things to try 

Lolo-Yoyo

Okay, I'll try.

Lolo-Yoyo

Thanks, I'll try this.

Your plan is only about speed. The suggestion was to change your network connection down to 3G or WCDMA or UMTS to see if the voice problem improves.

@Lolo-Yoyo what kind of phone do you have?

There are two ways to deliver voice calls, 3G and LTE (4G)

Most of use still needs 3G for voice regradless the plan you have (ie, 4G and 5G plan could still be using 3G for voice )

But if you have a newer phone and on PM VoLTE compatible list, the you can use VoLTE (4G) for voice

So, question is what phone do you have? model and brand?

@Lolo-Yoyoin  phone settings cellular >cellular data options >voice & data and select 3G see if it helps with voice calls 

Lolo-Yoyo

I have a 4G plan. I'm not sure what you mean? 

@Lolo-Yoyo  Try your preferred network to 3G and see if that helps with voice 

Lolo-Yoyo

Thank you. No, it has been happening for a few weeks but it actually seems to be getting worse as of yesterday. My internet is working fine. I tried disconnecting from and reconnecting to wifi network already.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lolo-Yoyo  Did it just start to happen ? If so good just be a local network problems check 

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

you can always try resetting network settings to and see if the helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.