cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim is SOS and no calls or messages can be sent or received

shirin009
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

since dec 20, my sim has changed to SOS condition.

would you help me how I can fix this?

thanks

13 REPLIES 13

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@shirin009 Check that phone isn't set to use only 2g network.

shirin009

Ok, thank you

Give that a try (in different unlocked phone) just to see if the phone is maybe acting up rather than the sim.

Interesting @shirin009 

Sure sounds like a potential SIM card provisioning issue, and if so, one that customer support should be able to help with.

To ensure, try @hairbag1 suggestion of placing the SIM card in another, known, working phone (if available)

shirin009

I checked it online and the device is not in the blacklist

While you wait for CSA help...try putting that sim in a different unlocked phone. See if that helps.

shirin009

I am chatting with an agent.

everything was fine, but on dec20 the status changed and it became SOS while I am active

@shirin009 

Did you acquire your device new, or used from an unknown source?

If used, definitely check to see if it may be blacklisted:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

EDIT: as provided above by @softech  😉

shirin009

Well I have tried both but didn’t work.

my account is active in my selfserve

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shirin009 

confirm if the phone is blacklisted as well, just peace of mind.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shirin009 

If you find out your service is 'inactive' or 'suspended', you'll have to make payment sufficient to restore (either by using any saved payment card on file or by using a PM payment voucher), then resume service.

If you require support by PM staff, here's how:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@shirin009...

try taking sim outta the phone. Give it a minute and re-install.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shirin009 

Try rebooting your device.  Also, check your account status either in self-serve, or by calling *611.

Also, remove SIM, gently clean the gold contacts with soft eraser, wipe off residue, then insert back in and turn device back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.