cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ranking went up

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a town hero now!  I am not sure what it takes to be one.  Am a I worthy??? 

110 REPLIES 110

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here

I can give you one final data point from my own account, as I just made it to the last available rank of mayor.  Seems somewhat random to rank up with that time and these exact stats:

Date of registration: Nov. 12, 2016 (7 and 2/3 months)

Bravos: 1659
Solutions: 106

My notification screenshot:

PM_Rank_Mayor_Jul2-2017.jpg

Thank you.

Great thanks 😉
And congrats!

Thanks @SD08. I am just lurking behind our group quietly so that no one notices me XD

SD08

@zhadj030

Congratulations on making it to deputy mayor.  Cat Happy

I just got promoted on the day I decided to wake up from hibernation.... (Maybe my lucky day Robot tongue

@Someone_here here are the stats for you since you like them so much. XD

Ranked up .png

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am dep mayor right at my 9month mark. I get 5% each month. 

@zhadj030 wrote:

But still has to be more then 570 replies .

So maybe 600 to 750 replies and Bravos should do the job

Not exactly, look at @Pier, he was Deputy Mayor with 434 posts/32 solutions/530 Bravoes when I first tried to understand.

@Someone_here wrote:

@SD08 wrote:
@Someone_here

Your list may need further updating.  I made it to deputy mayor with significantly fewer than 800 posts.  Smiley Happy

Great 🙂 Good job!

When did that happened? Can you post a screenshot of your notification board including the notification telling you you became Deputy Mayor as well as a couple of notification that happened just before?

But still has to be more then 570 replies .

So maybe 600 to 750 replies and Bravos should do the job

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've been registered for over a year and still a lowly Model Citizen. I'm nowhere near 500 posts. So maybe that's it. It's not that I've been just a lurker, I've posted enough to earn top 5% on three occasions and have been at least top 25% for the past year. 

Since the change happened exactly on your 6 months, I assume that in your case you had already completed the "participation threshold", and that the trigger was that you completed the "time threshold". Indeed it doesn't tell us what the "participation threshold" is...

@SD08now updated! I haven't changed the "participation threshold" since I don't have a bette clue 😉

SD08

@Someone_here

Sure, though I'm not sure it will shed much light in this case.  FYI, I had around 750 posts and just under 1200 bravos, and ranked up to Deputy Mayor after 12:06 AM on May 12th (6 mths after I joined).  You can ignore that extra notification that I ranked up to Town Hero, as I'd already reached that rank since March 13th (4 mths).  

PM_Rank_DeputyMayor_May12-2017.jpg

@SD08 wrote:
@Someone_here

Your list may need further updating.  I made it to deputy mayor with significantly fewer than 800 posts.  Smiley Happy

Great 🙂 Good job!

When did that happened? Can you post a screenshot of your notification board including the notification telling you you became Deputy Mayor as well as a couple of notification that happened just before?

SD08

@Someone_here wrote:

Hey apparently I am now Model Citizen 🙂

As for idea about what triggered it: the two things that happened just before in my notification feed are Bravoes received, and I am now at 70 Bravoes, so it might be part of the equation. But I don't really understand it's too early for me to be Model Citizen according to my theories... lol

@Someone_here

Halfdome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I spend quite a bit of time reading the community forums and have posted a few replies and was rather pleased this morning to see that I received a bonus.  I have been so impressed by the amount of information here and how people are willing to help others with their problems.   

Hey apparently I am now Model Citizen 🙂

As for idea about what triggered it: the two things that happened just before in my notification feed are Bravoes received, and I am now at 70 Bravoes, so it might be part of the equation. But I don't really understand it's too early for me to be Model Citizen according to my theories... lol

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats dude keep up the good works 

@Someone_here wrote:

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like at first with "normal"(?) participation:

• Subscribing:                                          New in town
  • 1st post:                                                Great Neighbour
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :       Good Citizen
  • 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :       Great Citizen
  • 3 months + at least app. 100 posts:      Model Citizen
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 500 posts:  Town Hero
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 800 posts:   Deputy Mayor
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor

However from data it doesn't look like it's actually related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

Capture d’écran 2017-05-02 à 21.16.59.png

Finally, I seem to go up two steps and one down at the same time... ? 😉

Looks like this is very accurate.  I just past the 6 month mark with over 1000 posts.  I was a deputy mayor for a day and now I am a mayor.  I guess skipping ranks is not allowed.  The only remaining step now is oracle.

Jonavin

@kav2001c That's probably true, but the algorythm might not give much credit to people who give each other bravos for diversity reasons. We may not even be gaming the system but if like-minded folks posts on common threads, they will generally give each other bravos because they agree with the posts. There is no intentional gaming of the system, but you still end up with two are more users giving each other an excessive amount of bravos. So the unique number of individuals that give you bravos to are important, even if no one is trying to cheat the system.

@Jonavin there was another analysis thread and I am convinced that unique users also plays a part in it

When 2 posters game system and give each other 100 bravos it seems to not count anywhere near as much as 50 randoms each handing over 2 bravos

Jonavin

Probably how many bravos you give is just as important, or the ratio between the give and gets. 

Thank you.
I mean yeah the original plan was always to kidnap​ @Luddite and take over his place.. XD

It will be great to have one of those doors open events to get some insight into PM's way of doings what they do..
But for me one hour is enough, I like leveling up but not to the top. 🙂

@zhadj030 wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@SD08 wrote:
Solutions definitely matter

Maybe solutions matter, but it is still possible to be a Model Citizen with no solution (@Jonavin) and a Town Hero with 10 solutions (@zhadj030).

If ir wasn't for this tag I would have never noticed this topic or the new level up. I had no idea I was a hero now. For me it seems as if it is time dependant and it is maybe relative to contribution in general. The number of solutions is not precise at all I can bet you easily that someone like @SD08 or @will13am actually offered a solution to maybe twice or the times that number that shows on the stats . The same goes to a lot of the amazing members especially the people regularly in the top 0.5% and 5%. It is more reasonable to me that it goes depending on time and level of participation.

I tend to respond a bit late but often and in both sides (the French and English) so that could be a reason why I got leveled up.

BTW thanks for tagging seems like an interesting topic. I was mostly off last month and a half because of exams but I seem to find a lot of new names.

@zhadj030, welcome back to the community.  I am too concerned about the ranking thing.  I just think it would be cool to be an Oracle for just one day so I can sit in one of those meetings with Public Mobile.  It is not everyday that a customer gets this type of invite.

@Someone_here wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Maybe solutions matter, but it is still possible to be a Model Citizen with no solution (@Jonavin) and a Town Hero with 10 solutions (@zhadj030).

If ir wasn't for this tag I would have never noticed this topic or the new level up. I had no idea I was a hero now. For me it seems as if it is time dependant and it is maybe relative to contribution in general. The number of solutions is not precise at all I can bet you easily that someone like @SD08 or @will13am actually offered a solution to maybe twice or the times that number that shows on the stats . The same goes to a lot of the amazing members especially the people regularly in the top 0.5% and 5%. It is more reasonable to me that it goes depending on time and level of participation.

I tend to respond a bit late but often and in both sides (the French and English) so that could be a reason why I got leveled up.

BTW thanks for tagging seems like an interesting topic. I was mostly off last month and a half because of exams but I seem to find a lot of new names.

@SD08 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

Your formula for Mayor in particular is way off though; I am a very active poster & it took me like 18 months to rank up despite having thousands of posts + likes associated to my account

Then time might not be important for these "high ranking"...

If you look at @CaNuCk07, he registred a little more than 6 months ago and is already Mayor...

But time definitively plays a role in the firsts ranks...

SD08
kav2001c wrote:

@Someone_here I never considered a timing component although it does make sense

Your formula for Mayor in particular is way off though; I am a very active poster & it took me like 18 months to rank up despite having thousands of posts + likes associated to my account

An alternate theory is that there is a badge component (which could be why your timing seems to match often)
A person gets the rank after a certain number of badges at specific levels
There is something behind the top 5% etc badges that matters

I also am pretty sure solutions matter

Solutions definitely matter.  I'm sure that most of the primary contribution statistics matter, including messages posted, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions you've accepted, ideas posted, idea comments posted, etc.  The badges in your profile matter in that they reflect your reward earned, which is based upon your contribution statistics. 

@Someone_here I never considered a timing component although it does make sense

An alternate theory is that there is a badge component (which could be why your timing seems to match often)

A person gets the rank after a certain number of badges at specific levels

There is something behind the top 5% etc badges that matters

I also am pretty sure solutions matter

@SD08

Thanks for the info.

I know there is no difference, I guess I was just wondering how it worked and might be a little too geek 😉

SD08

@Someone_here wrote:

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like at first with "normal"(?) participation:

• Subscribing:                                          New in town
  • 1st post:                                                Great Neighbour
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :       Good Citizen
  • 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :       Great Citizen
  • 3 months + at least app. 100 posts:      Model Citizen
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 500 posts:  Town Hero
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 800 posts:   Deputy Mayor
  • 4-6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor

However from data it doesn't look like it's actually related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

@Someone_here

Just a data point to update your list:

By the end of January after approx. 2.5 months, I had ranked to model citizen with just over 200 posts and nearly 300 bravos.  Some rankings are probably more dependant on stats than time, especially the early ones.

It's worth keeping in mind that none of the rankings or titles (with the sole exception of Oracle) make any difference in your contribution reward.  This ranking system is mostly window dressing.

Need Help? Let's chat.