cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ranking went up

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a town hero now!  I am not sure what it takes to be one.  Am a I worthy??? 

110 REPLIES 110

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like:

EDITED

• Subscribing:                                                    New in town        (certain)
  • 1st post:                                                          Great Neighbour (certain)
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :                 Good Citizen       (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :    Great Citizen      (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least 70 Bravoes :       Model Citizen      (highly probable)
  • At least 4 months + at least 15 authored solutions :  Town Hero           (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least 20 authored solutions:   Deputy Mayor     (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor                 (?)

However from data it doesn't look like it's exactly related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

Capture d’écran 2017-05-02 à 21.16.59.png

Finally, I seem to go up two steps and one down at the same time... ? 😉

I can confirm the 4 month time period.  But the question is, does everyone automaticallly go up to town hero even if they create an account but never use it? 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I ranked up to Town Hero too.  I can confirm without any doubt that this particular rank is time-based, at 4 months after registration.  I ranked up right after midnight without doing anything.  I suspect some members skip past this rank entirely if their contribution stats earn them an even higher rank within 4 months.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ok thanks!!! Just curious to know as recently I've got $2 community bonus! 

SD08

@mikga wrote:

Please advise what are the different levels of ranking and how to achieve them?

@mikga

Just so you know, the various rankings/titles such as great citizen, town hero , mayor, deputy mayor, etc. don't make a difference in your community reward, with the sole exception of Oracle.  Your community rewards are based on your total contribution statistics such as topics started, replies made, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions accepted, lab ideas posted, etc.  Only PM knows the formula by which these are all evaluated.

The rankings/titles are just a bit of window dressing, so to speak.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please advise what are the different levels of ranking and how to achieve them?

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Congratulations to all the members keeping this community alive! Keep up a good job! Your participation is very important specially for a new members that got some issues or questions! Good luck everybody!

SD08

@Luddite wrote:

Ranking is a secret formula only known to Jeremy; seems related to whatever success he has while fishing. If he catches a fish while considering your contribution = 10 points; a nibble, 3 points; fish takes the worm -2 points. These are, of course, special bonus points added to your actual Community participation. Robot LOL

FYI: Recharging his batteries is NOT a euphemism.

And if he lands a tuna, someone's going to be an oracle!  Smiley LOL

srlawren

@Luddite I just properly read your posting now, and it's funny!  Sorry I missed the joke the first time, I only read the first little bit about rankings being a secret formula.  I'm glad "recharging his batteries" is not a euphemism!  (Or, as POTUS recently said, a "euphanism").

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Luddite ranking yes, but the little titles are just earned as you go automatically.  I am on a few different communities powered by the Lithium system (the software that runs this community and many others online) and they all have cutesy little levels set up that you progress through over time as you post, reply, bravo, etc.

EDIT: congrats to you all that have recently leveled up!  Your contributions are awesome, please keep up the great work 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ranking is a secret formula only known to Jeremy; seems related to whatever success he has while fishing. If he catches a fish while considering your contribution = 10 points; a nibble, 3 points; fish takes the worm -2 points. These are, of course, special bonus points added to your actual Community participation. Robot LOL

FYI: Recharging his batteries is NOT a euphemism.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CaNuCk07 wrote:
Mine went up as well! I'm curious what drives it. Are they certain milestones or something?

I'm speculating that is likely has something to do with post count, bravos, and age of of the community account.  

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think mine changed too as I'm a Model Citizen now Smiley Very Happy. Not sure everyone would agree but hey all good!

Guess I'm feelin might proud today! ......Ok, that's over doing it.... but still, the change is a nice thing Smiley Happy so many thanks for the upgrade!

Happy Tuesday PM peeps!

Sounds about right as the driver for the c hanges.

I went up to Town hero as well the other day.  As @CaNuCk07 and @will13am and I all signed up within a week of each other I am thinking this one is time driven

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder if these ranking have a time based element to it amongst other parameters. 

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One of us ... one of us... 

Town hero is an unknown requirement ... we are a special kind of breed. 

Mine went up as well! I'm curious what drives it. Are they certain milestones or something?

@NDesai wrote:

Congrats on earning Town Hero rank. I remember ranking up slowly...

You sure deserve it. Keep it up 🙂

Thank you.  I try to help where I can.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Congrats on earning Town Hero rank. I remember ranking up slowly...

You sure deserve it. Keep it up 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.