cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan

jp069369
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, there! 

My data of plan is supposed to be 500M/ month, cause I selected auto payment every month by credit card when I switched to public mobile. I should get 250M bonus data every month . But I found today I ONLY have 250M data totally and I didn’t get the bonus. How can I have this problem fixed ? Thanks! Have a good day!

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jp069369 

If you are only noticing now then you are already a low data user but that's not to say that pm should do a better job with their wording when marketing their plans. If you happen to be in Quebec complaining to pm about their mixed messaging would yield you some compensatory credits or add on data due to the strong consumer protection laws in that province. You can try from elsewhere in Canada if you like and could probably at least negotiate a free 1gb data add on for pm's misleading advertising and you agreeing to not pursue further complaints to the C C T S and the Competition Bureau of Canada.

Since it appears you are on the points program and again in your self serve account pm makes it appear that if you switch to one of the new plans you will recieve 3×points. This is not true either as you activated between January 25th and July 12th of this year leaving you earning only 5% back in points on your purchases.

A savvy negotiater would complain about the misleading 250mb w/autopay marketing and if pm refuses to offer compensation then schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $25 plan (taking screenshots of all of the marketing along the way) and after renewal complain about not recieving 3×points. At that point pm would technically have pulled the bait and switch twice and would leave you in a good negotiating position to either insist they apply the 3×points promotion (for 12 months) to your account or ask for a bonus 5gb data add on equal to 16 months of the 250mb autopay data bonus.

Since you are on the points program you can redeem points for discounted add ons. The $15/1gb data add on is only 10 points when you redeem=$10/1gb. Add ons do not expire and roll over every 30 days so if you do need supplementary data over and above the 2gb holiday gift and the 0 point/1gb data add on you can currently redeem for in your points rewards account then at least you can redeem for data 50% cheaper than you would purchase it for.

jp069369

Thank you all!

jp069369

Thanks!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jp069369 

Please note that you only receive 250mb of data with or without AutoPay.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Totally understand your confusion, @jp069369 

There was a time when Public Mobile advertised the $15.00 seemingly including 250mb, and ADDING 250mb with auto-pay enabled.   For a time, this caused some frustration with customers.

The 250mb has always only been 250mb, whether auto-pay was enabled or not.   That wasn't the case on other plans which included a 'bonus data' component for having auto-pay enabled.

So... yup, just 250mb on the $15 plan.   However, with the seasonal bonuses, there's still good cause for the $15.00 plan - it's my choice!!!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you are on $15 plan, it was always 250MB. Maybe, just maybe when they introduced it they did offer 250MB bonus but it was short lived bonus.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@jp069369 

If you have the $15 plan, it only comes with 250 mb data totally.

You only get 250 mb data, whether you have auto pay, on or off.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jp069369   there is never an extra 250MB data for $15 plan.

$15 plan used to come with 250MB with or without Autopay selected (unlike plans $25 and above)

And now,  with the current plan adjustment since July ,there is no need need to enable Autopay to get extra data

So, the $15 plan has only 250MB 

Need Help? Let's chat.