cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan was not properly renewed today

cmcc_ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in AutoPay, $46 came out of my Mastercard, but somehow only $25 showed up at Public Mobile(!???). So I had to pay an extra $22 to re-activate it, because my account got suspended (lack of payment)! So I technically paid $68!!!

The plan is $45/month.... how can this happen? How do I get a refund?

Carlos

24 REPLIES 24

@Anonymous wrote:

@cmcc_ca wrote:

OK I did log out and log back in and now I do see $45 credit. It's very weird, technically I should have got a $20 credit, not $45 (?). Anyways, it sucked that I lost service momentarly this morning. It must have been a bug. 

Or just a coincidental outage or lost reception. Glad you found your money. Now you're paid up for next renewal.

The OP is not the only one with funky stuff going on re auto pay last night...

At announcement time, I had made the future dated plan change to the same price / more data, scheduled for last night (which has worked flawlessly whenever I did it in the past).

I went to look at the last term data balance last night, as I always do. The rewards were already converted and with that I had sufficient available funds before the auto pay cut off point.

Well, I have $45 (= full plan cost) + tax on my credit card this morning. Data bucket is 6.5GB now, all services work.

Not the end of the world, all the available funds are carrying forward to January. Just another thing to keep an eye out for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  agreed wait a day but the payment history says: account balance transfer of $45.  this to me suggests something was manually done. 

a referal would state:  $25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $

manual credit can state:   System issue/ Problème du système

Yes thank you. Did you see the smiley? I wondered about that wording as well. But all I cared to see was the last number on top.

Not even a day. Just a little but more into this new renewed day (for him).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  agreed wait a day but the payment history says: account balance transfer of $45.  this to me suggests something was manually done. 

a referal would state:  $25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $

manual credit can state:   System issue/ Problème du système

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@cmcc_ca  you encoundered a system quirk, or maybe someone interveind without your knowledge.   The initial cause was the dreaded plan change on renewal which happens ocassionally.  Whatever the case you are I believe ahead $25.   I would take it as an early christmas present, with no need to contact mods.

Maybe he got a referral 🙂

But I would wait until the dust settles in a while to make sure.

mimmo

@cmcc_ca  you encoundered a system quirk, or maybe someone interveind without your knowledge.   The initial cause was the dreaded plan change on renewal which happens ocassionally.  Whatever the case you are I believe ahead $25.   I would take it as an early christmas present, with no need to contact mods.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmcc_ca wrote:

OK I did log out and log back in and now I do see $45 credit. It's very weird, technically I should have got a $20 credit, not $45 (?). Anyways, it sucked that I lost service momentarly this morning. It must have been a bug. 

Or just a coincidental outage or lost reception. Glad you found your money. Now you're paid up for next renewal.

cmcc_ca

@mimmo wrote:

The way I read the poster is that autorenew failed somehow and the account was suspended. (could not make calls). So poster added funds and did a plan change to reset the plan thus paying $20 extra.

I believe I  read that there should be a 45$ account balance from the history(last line) I would log into selfserve in incognito mode or different browser to check.  As mentioned if balance is 0 then contact mods to adjust

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I would wait still for another couple hours. Then look at all the transactions to see what shakes out.

I usually get a text at about noon ET that all is done.

mimmo

The way I read the poster is that autorenew failed somehow and the account was suspended. (could not make calls). So poster added funds and did a plan change to reset the plan thus paying $20 extra.

I believe I  read that there should be a 45$ account balance from the history(last line) I would log into selfserve in incognito mode or different browser to check.  As mentioned if balance is 0 then contact mods to adjust

cmcc_ca

@Anonymous wrote:

@cmcc_ca wrote:

My account is up and running after I paid an extra $20 this morning as shown in the payment history.

I show an account balance of $0.

The lesson is...don't muck around in your account from early evening of the last day of your paid term 'til the morning of the new term.

And unless your service has stopped, don't panic at all the dire warnings on the self-serve.

Is your credit card maxed out? Did it expire?

The plan change was done 1-2weeks ago, not the night before. I chose change on renewal date. I did it 2 times before and everything was fine.

My credit card is fine.

cmcc_ca

No, I opted for change at renewal date. I've done this before and nothing bad happened.

I definitely had to pay an extra $20 this morning to remove my suspended account.

The $20 credit card payment I had to manually do it this morning.

I don't understand the 2 $10 charges in there.

My account balance shows $0, so I don't see any additional credits. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@cmcc_ca wrote:

I actually appears I got charged $20 extra for whatever reason. Is this a mistake from Public Mobile? I did change my plan, but the new plan is the same price as my old plan ($45 per month).

Why did I get charged $20?

Carlos

Was that an immediate kind of plan change or did you set it up to change at renewal time?

At the end of the day though you sitting on a credit (positive) balance. Maybe something happened but you're fine for now. There are rarely any actual refunds provided here. It looks like a credit has been put on your account.

Your Available Funds at the top of your self-serve overview page should be saying $45.

There is a page 2 on the payment history which is the more current line items. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmcc_ca wrote:

My account is up and running after I paid an extra $20 this morning as shown in the payment history.

The lesson is...don't muck around in your account from early evening of the last day of your paid term 'til the morning of the new term.

And unless your service has stopped, don't panic at all the dire warnings on the self-serve.

Is your credit card maxed out? Did it expire?

@cmcc_ca wrote:

That is because there were 2 extra $10 debits taken from the account.  As already mentioned, you will need to seek moderator team assistance to have this corrected.  BTW, if you are simply renewing the same plan, there is no need to go into the system to reselect the plan.  The renewal is automatic.  If a new plan is needed, then and only then should a plan select be done.  It is advisable to make plan changes a day or two before the renewal day.  Note also that there are two options for plan changes, one option is to future date the change to the renewal day and the other is immediate change.  The latter forfeits remaining paid usage. 

@cmcc_ca wrote:

@cmcc_ca wrote:

On your account overview page is there anything showing in Available Funds?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cmcc_ca

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Today was your renewal day.  Very weird things happen to the account on renewal day.  The night before, late in the evening the account goes through a transformation.  There are periods of time the account shows as suspended.  Miraculously around 2 am on renewal day, everything sorts itself out.  So silly question, did you take manual intervention?  It seems odd that there is a $10 debit 3 time all in the same day.  That is definitely not right.  You should not end the renewal process with funds in the account.  The system is supposed to take what is needed to renew and not a penny more or less.  Anyway, you will need to reach out to the moderator team to have this sorted out.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Edit:  Your attempt to change the plan during the renewal process explains the issue.  When doing a plan change, you probably opted for the immediate change which incurs additional charges right away.  This explains the multiple $10 fund debits.  From the payment history, it looks like the payment card was debited $41 and $20 before tax. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmcc_ca wrote:

I actually appears I got charged $20 extra for whatever reason. Is this a mistake from Public Mobile? I did change my plan, but the new plan is the same price as my old plan ($45 per month).

Carlos

Was that an immediate kind of plan change or did you set it up to change at renewal time?

At the end of the day though you sitting on a credit (positive) balance. Maybe something happened but you're fine for now. There are rarely any actual refunds provided here. It looks like a credit has been put on your account.

Your Available Funds at the top of your self-serve overview page should be saying $45.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope someone can help you read that payment history - I don't think I can.

2 things - Is your account up and running again? Do you show an account balance of some amount? If there is an account balance, it should get applied towards next months service.

cmcc_ca

Carlos

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmcc_ca wrote:

I just posted my payment history...

Looks to me that you got a credit back. So next renewal you won't pay anything.

cmcc_ca

I just posted my payment history...

cmcc_ca

Capture.JPG

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cmcc_ca, can you go into your account and look at the payment history?  Provide a screen cap with personal information blanked out.  The community will endeavor to help you sort things out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.