cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan now has a lower price

JKBC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up several months ago for a 30 day plan made up of Canada wide talk, unlimited texts and 500 MB 3G data at $37. That combination now comes up as a $30 plan. Does anything change if I “change plans” and simply select that pre-made plan? Except, of course, that the price goes down? 

I’m reading lots about switching plans, meaning changing to more data or different talk, but nothing like this where the switch is simply to the same items but a different price. 

Am I missing something? I’m guessing PM doesn’t notify customers when the price of their existing plan goes down? Is there some fine print somewhere that I should read?

It sounds too good to be true... 

9 REPLIES 9

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ah, even after you change the plan online it still autoscams you on the previous plan anyways. Pm is is going down the sh*tter the last 6 months that I've been using it. They rope you in to autopay but don't honor the changes you make days in advance and also don't pay the monthly referral bonus and when you try to talk to a mod  they put in a "ticket"... That does nothing and your once again waiting for another mod. All of teluses businesses seem to be going down. That's what you get for outsourcing jobs to the Philippines I guess. Try calling Telus these days...it's a four hour wait last week when I tried

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VMAX wrote:

I wonder why so many people enjoy playing the role of devil's advocate and try to justify the way big corporations treat their clients?

PM is supposedly different or prefers to position itself different. Why is it so difficult to imagine that they advise their clients when plan pricing decreases?

@VMAX because PM is still just Telus, and their first responsibility is to their shareholders, not to their customers.  This is the unfortunate reality of how businesses operate.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

VMAX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wonder why so many people enjoy playing the role of devil's advocate and try to justify the way big corporations treat their clients?

PM is supposedly different or prefers to position itself different. Why is it so difficult to imagine that they advise their clients when plan pricing decreases?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster people just like to complain, but you're 100% right that none of the wireless carriers out there do this.  I see people posting to the Koodo community every now and then that they are on a plan from like 8-10 years ago that gives them like 250mb of data and a limited bucket of mins and text and cost them $50+ per month.  They're obviously paying way more than they need to for what they're getting (or getting not enough for what they're paying--or both), but of course Koodo's not going to tell them that!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@VMAX wrote:

I am also deceived that Public Mobile does not inform their customers when a price plan goes down. It might seem like a good buiseness strategy (let old customers pay a higher price when a lower price is offered to a new ones) but in the end it is neither wise nor fair. 

Deceived??

I have not heard of any cell phone provider that informs their customer of price reductions. And I for sure don't want them to apply price changes automatically, because that also means that they'd charge raises without giving you an alternative.

Just do your due diligence and revisit your needs on a regular basis and find the best plan to match it - Public Mobile being prepaid you can move whenever you find something better elsewhere (with the penalty that there are no refunds on unused prepaid services). If that perfect match is still with Public Mobile but at a lower price just do a future dated plan change to that better plan.

VMAX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also deceived that Public Mobile does not inform their customers when a price plan goes down. It might seem like a good buiseness strategy (let old customers pay a higher price when a lower price is offered to a new ones) but in the end it is neither wise nor fair. 

JKBC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well if I subscribed to purchase, and pay in full for, a tv every month, yes it would be a small courtesy on the part of the store to let me know the price changed. 

I’ll start checking the site for updates periodically. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you can send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to change the price for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JKBC wrote:

I signed up several months ago for a 30 day plan made up of Canada wide talk, unlimited texts and 500 MB 3G data at $37. That combination now comes up as a $30 plan. Does anything change if I “change plans” and simply select that pre-made plan? Except, of course, that the price goes down? 

I’m reading lots about switching plans, meaning changing to more data or different talk, but nothing like this where the switch is simply to the same items but a different price. 

Am I missing something? I’m guessing PM doesn’t notify customers when the price of their existing plan goes down? Is there some fine print somewhere that I should read?

It sounds too good to be true... 

You should be able to just go in and select future date plan change.  Select your plan you would like and on your next renewal you will pay the new price.  This price change happened quite a few months ago now where they made the Canada wide plans the same price as the Province wide calling plans.

PM did notify customers by posting in here where all customer service is given.  Question would an electronics store notify you if you purchased a TV several months ago and now the price went down?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.