cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone won’t receive calls?

Vailsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I just changed over to public mobile and now I can’t receive calls? It just goes straight to voicemail.. 

can someone help?? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Vailsy wrote:

hi I never received a text saying the the transfer was complete? They said the the port was activated but the was 2 days ago? I wonder if I should call bell and see what’s going on.

@Vailsy  Bell shouldn't have to be contacted, unless the Bell account was closed/inactive before you tried to port it over.

You need to have Public Mobile reinitiate the porting process.

Submit a ticket here for to do this: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does SMS works? Internet? What provider your phone reports it is connected to (network operator)? What phone number phone reports when you look at About Phone (or similar option on your phone)?

If you did porting you should leave OLD SIM in your phone and reply Yes to SMS from old provider.

@Vailsy  So, did you got a text from Bell and ask for your permission to release the number and did you reply YES within 90 minutes?  that text from Bell is critical 

Again, check the private message and call the porting team. 

Vailsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi I never received a text saying the the transfer was complete? They said the the port was activated but the was 2 days ago? I wonder if I should call bell and see what’s going on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Vailsy wrote:

Hello I just changed over to public mobile and now I can’t receive calls? It just goes straight to voicemail.. 

can someone help?? 

@Vailsy   You just joined Public Mobile?  

Did you request porting in of phone number from another provider?  If so, did you receive a text from your old provider and did you reply YES within 90 minutes?  This is a critical step in the process.

I will private message you a number to the porting team , you can call them and confirm your porting status.  They can help you to retrigger the text if you have really missed it.  Please check your Community inbox, envelop icon, on the top right

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vailsy How long ago did you transfer your number over?. It could take around 24 hours to transfer a cell number and up to 7 days for a landline for the transfer to complete. 

If it's a cell number when you did the transfer your old provider should have sent you a text message that you had to respond YES to to complete the transfer. Did you receive a text and do that step? 

If you did that step and you recently transferred your number the port is still in progress. If you put your old sim in from old provider that incoming calls are likely still going there. Which is Normal till the port has completed. 

Let us know more details so we can direct you accordingly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.