cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone not ringing

BJ6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi when certain people phone me my phone doesn't ring it goes straight to voicemail do I need to turn on something or off.Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

hi @BJ6 so, you can make outbound calls but never received inbound since joining?  Your porting request was stuck.  Call porting support team and ask them to re-initate the porting request . I will send you the number to your Community Inbox 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BJ6 

Check to see if you blocked their number. You can unblock it in your Phone app setting.

@BJ6 that's a different story then. There is a chance the port eas not done.  

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can confirm porting status and re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have your phone set to block callers? If on an iPhone, check Settings/Phone/Silence Unknown Callers. 

Did you leave the old sim in to confirm the transfer? Is your old account still functional?

BJ6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes about 5 days ago 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently transfer your number in?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely phone is losing signal and system thinks it is off so call goes to vmail.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BJ6 could be just network issue.  Please try

• first try to reboot the phone
  • If that does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage
Need Help? Let's chat.