cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not ring. calls go to voicemail directly

HomePhone75Q
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried the SIM card in another phone and it does not work. The SIM card is faulty or my account with PM is faulty.

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How about simply...is the account active or suspended? What recording do you get when you dial 611?

Please do update us with your progress or results from all the ideas. I'm not sure you're ready for the support people just yet if you try the suggestions provided.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@HomePhone75Q 

Could we get more detail so we can help further?

Are you an existing member for sometime or are you a new member?
If you are a new member, did you just ported your old number over to PM from another carrier?

If so, did you reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in the phone?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@HomePhone75Q 

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HomePhone75Q how about outgoing calls or mobile data?  if they work, then likely it is not the sim card

Also, try this , change the preferred network type to 3G Only and see if it works.  It could solve the incoming calls issue for now

and if possible, try your phone at different area, it could be a local network issue, could be weak 3G signal there

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@HomePhone75Q 

If that is the case, then you should try to get in contact with a Customer Support Agent and have them look into your sim card and provisions.

Just use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first. You'll find the link for that at the bottom of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.