cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone died and I want to stop the service.

jikhan92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone died while I was using the public mobile service and it's charging me every month. I want to cancel all my plans and stop the service from charging me.

I forgot my account and password but I know they exist.

Is there any way I can do about it?

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jikhan92 

Try the lost password feature with your various emails. A valid email will take you to the next step an invalid one not 

Do you still have the sim card, can you borrow a friend's phone and pop it in? Can dial 611, or use it as verification to port out or contact CSA 

Do you know your renewal date? You could call your cc company and suspend you card the night/ day of your renewal. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jikhan92 

You can contact a CS_Agent to help you access your account and remove AutoPay and CC information.

If you still have the SIM, place it in another phone and dial 611 to stop AutoPay.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You could also call 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your number and get the renewal date (if still active).

If not active then it will deactivate (cancel) 120 days after your last payment.

If active then early evening before the date given log into your credit card and pause the card. Then the next day around late morning restart the card. This will stop the payment from working and suspend your account. 90 days later it will deactivate (cancel).

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jikhan92 

You can search through your email accounts to look for the Welcome message from PM and then use the forgot your password link. If still problems contact a CS Agent to get your log in information so you can access self service to remove your credit card information. After 90 days from your next renewal date without a payment your account will be closed automatically.

You can also port your number out to another carrier and your account will close automatically. Note that your account at PM must be active to port out unless it is to Koodo or Telus.

To contact a CS Agent:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right corner for reply from agent.

You can also call 1-855-4PUBLIC from any phone if you know your pin to disable autopay on your account or put your sim in another unlocked phone and call 611 to disable autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.