cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone can’t function …. Scam / update

Jmlo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received a notification asking me to switch to public mobile.  Need me to restart and switch.  Is it normal from public mobile.

11 REPLIES 11

Jmlo

Will do

@Jmlo 

do you have access to a different unlocked cellphone ? If so, try your sim in the other phone.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, it's an android phone? Is there any way to take a picture of it and post? I know you said it was too big but...   you can always upload to https://imgur.com/upload and then post us the link. 

Jmlo

I’m an active customer that’s how I use this platform to communicate.  I restart my phone twice and the scree didn’t go away

@Jmlo wrote:

It covers my screen and doesn’t allow me to do anything

@Jmlo 

Is your account status active versus suspended?  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  

Or try your SIM card in another working phone to see whether you get the same message. 

Jmlo

It covers my screen and doesn’t allow me to do anything

Jmlo

I’m pm customer. Not able to do the pic because size is too big

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Jmlo 

Which service provider are you currently with? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what this notification looks like? Please cover any personal identifying information. 

Jmlo

A warning saying if you switch, your phone will restart to install apps and features from pm. Some apps installed by your current service provider will be removed and the app data will be erased.  What should I do.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

No, this not not normal.  

Likely a scam.  Public mobile will send texts to existing customer for different promo plans.  However, I have not seen any unsolicited texts to potential new customers.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jmlo 

are you a current PM customer with an active account ?

Need Help? Let's chat.