cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mother has no network

Lumob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mother can't make or recieve calls, and she can't go online to figure it out because she can't sign in because she can't get the sign in code because her phone isn't working. What should she do?

6 REPLIES 6

@Lumob wrote:

It just says call failed. and when you tap send again it asks if you want a text or a call, I didn't see email

@Lumob 

Try these to unlock the send email choice:

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lumob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It just says call failed. and when you tap send again it asks if you want a text or a call, I didn't see email

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Another thing to try, @Lumob ... does she have SMS texting in and out capability?  (not iMessage or Android chat which are RCS services and only need Wi-Fi or data to function)

And does her mobile data still work?

Can she try her public mobile SIM card in another device to see if services work with the other device?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lumob 

Addition to rebooting her phone and resetting the Network setting…check the outage map whether the is an outage in her area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lumob 

Can she try to:

1. reboot her device
  2. reset network connections
  3. toggle airplane mode on/off
  4. remove and reinsert the SIM card

What messaging does she hear when she dials 611?

To get the code without having the phone working, she can tap "didn't get the code" and it'll present an option to receive the code via e-mail.

Give those options a try.

🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lumob 

you can help to do two things

1. Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and enter her number, does the system say the account is suspended?

2. if it is suspended, buy a voucher from Shoppers Durg mart, call the 1-855 number above again and laod the voucher there. Ask your mom to wait 5 minutes and reboot the phone

Of course, a better way is to help to get back My Account access, please submit ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.