cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My eSIM for my iPhone doesn't have my number

foxhead24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported over from Bell to Public Mobile. My eSIM with Public Mobile doesn't have my phone number that ported and is taking a long time to activate. Please help.

15 REPLIES 15

foxhead24

Customer service rep credited by account $5 - deleted eSIM then reinstalled eSIM and now I'm in business. Calls & data work on the Public Mobile Network. Thanks everyone for their help. Cheers!

foxhead24

@Handy1  Thank you

@foxhead24  8am-10PM EST 

foxhead24

What time does customer service close? I'm in Toronto, Ontario.

foxhead24

I'm chatting with an agent now via private message. Thank you. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Will report back here once resolved.

@foxhead24  you might need to ask support to re provision the sim for you . 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1712099337729.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @foxhead24 

since it has no reception, it is not a porting issue but setup.   You can try to click Reset Network settings once but I don't it will do the trick.  I think it is time to ask  agent to check the system

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

foxhead24

I removed the images, thanks. I did what you said and when rebooting the eSIM does not work. No reception. No outbound calls available. I might need to reconfigure the eSIM.

HI @foxhead24 

Please remove you image,  it has your phone number there

do you know if the Primary one showing the phone number is the Bell one? if so, disable it or make it Secordary.

Make Public Mobile esim the Primary.  Reboot and test outbound calls first.  This is to confirm the PM esim at least works

@foxhead24  Make the PM sim primary and turn off the current primary sim ( old carrier )

foxhead24

I replied YES

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @foxhead24 

but first, did you get the port authorization text from Bell yet?  you need to reply Yes within 90 mins

if you have not get the text from Bell yet, don't turn on your PM esim yet.  Wait for Bell to send you the text or call PM porting team and ask them to re-submit the request if you waited 90 mins and still not receive anything text from Bell

if you already got the text from Bell and replied, then yes, remove the Bell sim (or disable Bell esim) and click Turn on this line of PM esim.  Reboot phone ever once in a while and test inbound calls (and your outbound should work anyway even port is not completed, if outbound is not done, then it is a problem with the esim setup and need agent to help)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@foxhead24 

did you reply YES yet ?

foxhead24

Thank you for the quick response. I made sure the setting "turn on this line" is turned on for the second eSIM. I also rebooted my iPhone and just reset the Network Settings. I believe the eSIM is not configured correctly. What else can I do to fix this? My wife also just switched over to Public Mobile tonight with me and her eSIM has her phone number and it's working for her. I set up both phones but mine isn't working. I've attached some screenshots. Thank you.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@foxhead24  Check you sim manager in phone settings ensure “turn on this line “ is toggled on and reboot the phone or reset network settings see if that helps 

Handy1_0-1712098308556.png

Need Help? Let's chat.