cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit card is outside Cana

hanli511
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, My credit card is outside Canada or USA, how will my SIM card be activated ? And when I apply Canadian credit card, the bank needs my Canadian phone number .So what should I do? Is there any way to activate my SIM card? Thank you in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8

hanli511
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone who helps me. The customer support agent has activated my SIM card. Before that I sought for prepaid but the boss said it didn't work, because my SIM card was bought online ,not from him.

Also, I had open an account at BMO , but credit card will be approved in 8 business days, unfortunately they don't have visa credit card.

Thank you everybody.

@CountyDownIeUk 

I will find out for you. I head over to the Esso station on my daily walk and check.

@BKNS27 Just out of curiosity what is the name of the refillable Visa card. I have a Vanilla, but says not refillable. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Best idea is to get a friend to buy you a Vanilla MasterCard. The could take a pic of it and you can do it all where ever you are. Do you have a SIM card already? And do you have a referral to use?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@hanli511 

you can purchase visa credit card  vanilla prepaid, to activation

after activation you can use vouchers from purchase any stations or Shell,

then add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

Official list of retailers location sell:  vouchers

or from online to buy it here:

Top-up Public Mobile Recharge  //\\   Recharge For Public  \\//  recharge.com

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hanli511 Unfortunately yiu cannot use voucher to activate anymore , credit card or prepaid Visa/MC are your only choices

you have a Canadian credit card to activate?? just use one of tiur friend phone number there,  the activation portal does not use the phone number to validate the CC,  it just usr it for record.  Or you can setup a VoIP phone like Fongo and use that phone number for the use of activation 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hanli511 

You can purchase reloadable Canadian Visa from any gas stations or super box stores.

Once you activated the SIM and create an account, you can purchase voucher to pay for your account.

Vouchers and reloadable CC can be purchased from:

CB82F783-AF0C-4553-B1C3-73BC9B49E3BF.jpeg

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM accepts Canadian or USA credit cards. VISA debit works too.

You can try talking to agent to open account for you and put it in suspend mode and then you can buy a voucher and pay service - reactivate account. And continue paying for renewals with vouchers until you get Canadian credit card.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

Need Help? Let's chat.