cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Texting works intermittently

KimHoyer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a US roaming text/talk plan... For the most part it only works every time I recycle my phone and turn it on and off. When I bought it at on the confirmation email said something about you having problems with the system and carriers down here... Anything I can do? 

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KimHoyer  - when in the USA :

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KimHoyer 

To confirm, you are PHYSICALLY in the USA now, correct?  If so, try manually connecting network connections to the T-Mobile network - others have had greater success with that network vs AT&T.

Just wanting to confirm that you aren't trying to access long-distance calling to the US while you're in Canada - in which case you'd need to purchase an international calling add-on which includes the US.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KimHoyer 

Is your cellular network on T-mobile?

AT&T should be OK, they are still using 3G frequency for now.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KimHoyer 

The decommissioning of the 3G network in the US would only affect your voice services not your texting. Go into your messaging app and clear the cache and see if that resolves the issue.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only  your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.