cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Old Sim Card Was Lost

UltimateZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Old Sim Card Was Lost and Iam trying to activate my brand new bought sim card to my iphone.  Ive done this many times before when I lost my sim card but right now its not lettin and when I talk to you automated botter it still cannot help me get my sim online.  I neeed my kold phone number back.  you guys will be losing a valued customer if you do not fix because iam not going to get a new number.  If you do not fix this iam going to remove the nunmber from all of my account and I will be gone for ever,  Your choice.

Call me at xxxx

or e-mail me at xxxxx

I warn you I still have access to all my account and you will also lose the number to all lof my accounts as well.  that is the xxxxx

Goodbye

Edit by mimmo removed personal info

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's see...what am I wanting to tell this stupid chatbot that it might understand.
change sim
blah blah blah then some choices...

choose sim card swap
blah blah blah then some choices...

choose Contact us
oh look...Click here to submit a ticket.

How many times do you lose a SIM card anyway? Do you lose the phone too? That's gotta get expensive after so many times of losing one. Hopefully you're just buying cheapo throw-aways if you're inclined to lose phones all the time. Or you're rich so what do you care.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@UltimateZ wrote:

If you do not fix this iam going to remove the nunmber from all of my account and I will be gone for ever,  Your choice.

I warn you I still have access to all my account and you will also lose the number to all lof my accounts as well.  that is the xxxxx

Goodbye

This is what “I was talking about”

AE_Collector

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Eh, I'm kinda on @AE_Collector 's  view on this one, @UltimateZ 

Using phrases like "i warn you" certainly leave a tad to be desired by way of communication methods to seek any level of empathy on these forums.

Remember WE'RE all customers on this forum, NOT Public Mobile employees. 

It's unfortunate that you have lost your SIM many times , however the new process in place to PROTECT users from unauthorized SIM swap and hacks is what it is.

IF you don't like the process, contact the Moderators as described to lodge a complaint while requesting they update the SIM card on the account  (and try to avoid losing SIM's...)  🤣🤣🤣

@UltimateZ  I understand your frustration with your issue, but we are all trying to help here.  Your wording used won't help getting you back  your service quicker.

You can try open your ticket from using this directly link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

UltimateZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what are you talking about I did not threaten no one.  Go harrass some one else

And while you threaten PM they have had to make this change to protect customers from being SIM jacked. It is a necessary evil to prevent the “fraud of the day”.

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

@mimmo 

edit initial post, please, of posted personal/private information

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@UltimateZ 

BEFORE you contact a Moderator, please IMMEDIATELY edit your post using the 3 small dots in upper right of your message, to remove personal information - this is a PUBLIC FORUM.

Contact a moderator to update the SIM#  

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@UltimateZ ,

To change your SIM you need to have the Moderators to do this for you now.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

Type "SIM SWAP"

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.