cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Father Died and I Need to Cancel His Account

vanessadtam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

My father passed away last month and I need to cancel his Public Mobile cell phone account. I am not able to log into his self serve account, please let me know what I can do to cancel this account. 

Thanks,

Vanessa

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Meow wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

he had a particularly good plan ( like the $10 plan) with accumulated

Why is that famous $10 plan 'particularly good plan'??? From what I read here it has limited number of SMS, limited number of calls, etc.

1.  The data add-on on this plan is full LTE speed because this is the only plan without any 3Mbps cap.  Data add-on will use the same speed of plan data.  It your plan does not have data, data add-on will use full LTE speed.

2.  Call minutes is cheap. PM is 1 cent/minute.  

3.  My family member use Signal to send texts, voice calls and video chats.

4.  Keeping spare $10 plan to collect more data and/or minutes add-ons periodically. 

@Meow 

Yes the $10 50/50 plan has limited minutes and texts. But if you use it as a base plan and add the $5/500 min add On and data add ons as needed it is a cheap build your own plan for a low use customer. With maximum loyalty and autopay rewards it's $3 per month and can be $9 per year if suspended for the maximum amount of days if you want to maintain a phone number. Data is unthrottled 4G LTE and with recent free gifts of international minutes add ons and data add ons a very cheap option for a phone.

@darlicious wrote:

he had a particularly good plan ( like the $10 plan) with accumulated

Why is that famous $10 plan 'particularly good plan'??? From what I read here it has limited number of SMS, limited number of calls, etc.

- Cancel auto-pay (if it was set up)

- Remove credit card from PM (if you can log in into his account)

- Cancel credit card at the bank

- Talk to bank to decline charge from PM

As long as renewal of PM service fails, account will go into suspension mode. After 90 days of no payment account will be cancelled and phone number will become inactive.

@vanessadtam 

I am sorry for your loss...perhaps a family member would like to take over his account if he had a particularly good plan ( like the $10 plan) with accumulated rewards as low as $3. In the meantime if cancelling the card is not convenient call either 611 from his phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC  and enter his 10 digit phone number to get his basic account info and his renewal date. Then put his credit card on hold for 12 to 24 hours on that date ( 9pm et the day before to 9am /9pm et) his renewal will fail and suspend the account. You then have 90 days to revisit the idea and gain access to his account thru the CSA's.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vanessadtam   sorry for your lost.

Anyway to try to resolve the issue, call the card centre and cancel the credit card.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vanessadtam 

Options

1.  Contact customer support agent(CSA) mentioned earlier is the official way.

2.  If your father is using credit card or debit Visa for autopay, you can contact the credit card or debit Visa company to cancel the card.  Your father's account will be suspended without payment.  90 days after suspension, your father account will be cancelled automatically.

Please note that PM is prepaid service.  There is no refund of the unused days whether you cancel a PM account early or not.  Since your father's account is prepaid, PM will not report missed payment to credit credit bureau.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessadtam 

so sorry for your loss,

and you can call to  *611, to you can remove autopay,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@vanessadtam 

Contact a CSA. Second option below is easiest.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.