cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5G stopped working

bh83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My 5G stopped working today is anyone else having the same problem?

11 REPLIES 11

AliFooFoo

I'm not having the same problem, but I wonder if perhaps you are in a certain area or location where 5G is not yet available?  Otherwise, have you tried doing a hard reboot/restart of your phone?  Perhaps that might reset it for you and get back to the 5G service.  Good luck! 🙂 

@hTideGnow- Just wanting new real world verification that the current $15 plan has not been changed. That incoming calls don't add to the counter on the front page. Thanks.

Hi @dust2dust   my friend activated one.  He didn't complain anything.  i will check with him again today

@hTideGnow- Were you the one that recently, since the new system, started a new account or changed plan to the current $15 plan? Were you the one that tested and verified that incoming still doesn't count?

(Please pardon the intrusion)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @bh83   stopped working, so it was working before?

maybe just your area? try reboot your phone and try in another area

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bh83 wrote:

Went from 5G to LTE/3G all day 

@bh83  - what happens if you toggle into then back out of airplane mode?

You may also try a reset of your device's network settings to see if that brings back what you expect.

See helpful tips here to see if anything helps: https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-5g-not-working-on-iphone-android/#:~:text=On%20Android%20Phones,auto....

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@bh83 

You should have popped next door and asked them! It's sounds like routine maintenance as telus/bell deploys more 5G they need to make enhancements to thíeir infrastructure. Currently the majority of the 5G network piggybacks on the 4G LTE network so both networks would be affected during upgrades.

bh83

Data whent 3G I work next to a Telus Store.

bh83

Went from 5G to LTE/3G all day 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Your data stopped altogether? No issues for me. Did you run out of data?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@bh83 

Stopped working how? No data? Throttled to 512kbps? Only the 4G LTE network available? Check for outages in the area you experienced the issue. Try toggling airplane mode on/off. Maybe you lost your network connection?

Need Help? Let's chat.