cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 3GB bonus promo shows used up, when it's not

himanshuc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

So I have a 1GB plan with a 3GB bonus on top applied every month. This cycle, I got my messages today about 95%  and 100% usage and my bonus data did not kick in. On my profile it shows used up- 3072/3072MB.

I confirmed with my usage and I believe I have only used 1 Gb data till now. Would anyone care to let me know what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Himanshu

22 REPLIES 22

@computergeek541 @AE_Collector  found this thread and post by @totalUser 

Maybe it's what you guys are talking about 🤔

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Using-bonus-Gs/m-p/480796

After they killed the travellers plan they offered $60 plan with 10gigs. There were2different promotions, the first one was sent by sms to selected (60 and other plan holders i guess encouraging them to switch to n60, this is the one that op has) users offering them code to turn 60 into 12gig (12.5 with autopay) that was until 25th of whatever month it was. After that there was a signup deal only for new accounts that would give extra 2g perpetually while they keep the plan

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

Yes there was something about a 2Gb recurring bonus on the $50 plan maybe a year ago or close to that. But very unusual to have a recurring data bonus around here so most likely this is a mis-understanding.

AE_Collector

I believe that you're speaking of the the $60/12.5GB plan that I have.

Yes...that is the one. Remind me how it got from $50/8.5Gb to $60/12.5Gb again? There was more than one element to that I believe? And how long ago was that...1 year ago now?

AE_Collector

It was October of last year and was offered to existing customers who were already on the $50/8.5GB plan. A promo code was required, and the 2GB part was only officially offered to cusomers who received the text message from Public Mobile about it.

Yes its coming back to me now. So a $60 / 10.5Gb plan was available sort of like the $60 8.5 Gb Canada / 2Gb US Roaming plan had been (except this one doesn’t provide US roaming) AND if you received a promo code because you were already on the $50 plan that gave you another 2 Gb for 12.5 total. I recall hearing about it but that being way beyond my needs I didn’t pay too much attention.

AE_Collector

@himanshuc  searching Google a bit. Did you sign up around beginning of June by chance?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/05/26/public-mobile-3gb-data-bonus/

Activate on a plan $25/mo or more by June 12th and get a free 3GB one-time data bonus for a limited time,” the carrier’s offer reads.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Public Mobile offering one-time 3GB data bonus on select plan activations

@himanshuc 

Well then you will be in luck because you can get 5Gb for $40 or $38 with Autopay. I’m not convinced that salespeople go out of their way to mislead customers about this as there really isn’t much in it for them from PM activations. The concept of a non recurring data amount isn’t an every day item so I think some sales people may unintentionally mislead through not understanding themselves AND customers aren’t really familiar wit h it either so they hear 3 Gb data bonus and the only natural thing is to assume it is monthly as they havent heard of a one time data bonus. It isn’t a bad idea from PM, the idea being you can use a plan that just barely covers your data need which comes at a lower price and then the data add-on kicks in to fill any shortage that may occasionally occur.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

Yes there was something about a 2Gb recurring bonus on the $50 plan maybe a year ago or close to that. But very unusual to have a recurring data bonus around here so most likely this is a mis-understanding.

AE_Collector

Yes...that is the one. Remind me how it got from $50/8.5Gb to $60/12.5Gb again? There was more than one element to that I believe? And how long ago was that...1 year ago now?

AE_Collector

It was October of last year and was offered to existing customers who were already on the $50/8.5GB plan. A promo code was required, and the 2GB part was only officially offered to cusomers who received the text message from Public Mobile about it.

@himanshuc  For $38 if you have auto-pay set up. You can get 5 gigs of data every 30 days.

Two ways to change plans.

1- Change now ( will say top up account if not enough funds in balance) This option is not recommended to pick. You won't get a refund on unused days from old plan, new plan will start right away and you will be charged right away.

2- Change at next renewal. The preferred choice by many. New plan will be charged and start at your next renewal date.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Screenshot_20200927_221349.jpg

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

AE_Collector

AE_Collector

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@himanshuc 

Did you see a note in your account that said it was reoccurring. PM doesn’t just remove stuff like that without telling you. Also, PM has higher data plans to accommodate your needs; there’s no need to switch to another provider because they won’t offer the rewards that PM does, from loyalty to auto-pay rewards to lower your bill.

himanshuc

I don't have a problem paying 20$ more for 4Gigs more data. I'd need atleast 3/4GB a month. The salesperson probably oversold PM with a 25$ plan for 4GB recurring.

@himanshuc 

yup....

AE_Collector

himanshuc
  • If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.
  • You currently don't have any Add ons on your account

I guess we are coming to the conclusion that this data was one time. 🙂

@himanshuc wrote:

I remember being told it was recurring. This is my third month with PM. If not, porting to PM was a mistake. I'd never manage a month with 1GB data and 2 kids. As I mentioned, I see the line 3072/ 3072MB used. 

If everyone confirms this was one time, I'd have no choice but to leave PM.

Unfortunatley, whoever told you that was mistaken. If it's the $25 plan that you're on, which I believe that you are, it doesn't include 4GB of data every 30 days. If you decide to go to another carrier, there isn't anyone who's going to offer you talk, text, and that amount of data for $25.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@himanshuc wrote:

I remember being told it was recurring. This is my third month with PM. If not, porting to PM was a mistake. I'd never manage a month with 1GB data and 2 kids. As I mentioned, I see the line 3072/ 3072MB used. 

This is the problem with salespeople. Now we have a disgruntled customer because he was mis-informed by a salesperson. Say anything to get the sale.

@himanshuc 

What do you see on your overview page under Data & Add-ons?

@AE_Collector the OP could be clicking "View my usage" under purchase add-ons.

The data would still show there.

himanshuc

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

AE_Collector

@computergeek541 

AE_Collector

Likely it was a one time 3 gig add-on. London drugs recently had an offer like this for PM.

If you need data until your next renewal you could always buy a 1 gig data add-on for $15. Two steps 1 - add money to your account 2- Click "Purchase add-ons" then go buy the add-on.

You can also open a ticket for moderators to renew your plan early. No refund on unused days. Simply add money to your account first to cover your plan then click the question mark for the chat bot and open a ticket for moderators.

Or you can change your plan in your account to a plan with more data. Again no refund on unused days from old plan and you will be charged right away for the new plan. You'd have data again though. Or if you find you consume to much data and want to upgrade your plan to one with more data at next renewal date. Pick a new plan and select "change at next renewal".

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@himanshuc 

I can understand your frustrations with this. I wish that kind of bonus data would be constantly applied, but it’s not. But on the bright side, PM does offer free add-ons from time to time so hang in there.

@AE_Collector wrote:

That would be my guess as well, virtually no data bonus from PM are renewed each moth but rather are one time bonus that sticks around until it is all used up. The only odd thing is that you are seeing 3072/3072 where as normally the at line item would simply disappear once fully used. When did you activate as a new customer?

AE_Collector

I have a plan that does have a recurring data bonus, and there was an offer for customers porting from Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile a while ago, but these are not the norm as you already know.

That would be my guess as well, virtually no data bonus from PM will renew each month but rather They are one time bonus that sticks around until it is all used up. There was one quite some time ago that renewed each month but seems to me that was on a $50/month plan, not a low cost plan like the $25 plan. The only odd thing is that you are seeing 3072/3072 where as normally the at line item would simply disappear once fully used. When did you activate as a new customer?

AE_Collector

@himanshuc wrote:

Hi all,

So I have a 1GB plan with a 3GB bonus on top applied every month. This cycle, I got my messages today about 95%  and 100% usage and my bonus data did not kick in. On my profile it shows used up- 3072/3072MB.

I confirmed with my usage and I believe I have only used 1 Gb data till now. Would anyone care to let me know what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Himanshu

The bonus that you speak is not applied every 30 days. There have been very few promotions that have included reucrring data bonuses. The most recent type of 3GB bonus was one time only.

There has never been a $25 1GB plan that includes a 3GB bonus each renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.