cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple phone numbers on single account

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it possible to add multiple phone number on same account with different plans for each number?

Curious to know...because when i switched back to PM i had to create a new email and new account.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korthwrote:

@srlawren

Seriously?  All this time I thought there was a "local" Talk option, not Province, not Canada, not Canada+USA, lol.  I distinctly recall people used to discuss this as cheap basic service for 10-day plans, although maybe they were wrong or I am wrong or things have changed.

If "no option" is not a valid option then I recommend PM changes the Build Your Own Plan page so that the minimum necessary selections are defaulted.  Or at least a red comment to the effect of "you must choose at least one option".  The BYOP calculator should not allow users to proceed with results which aren't valid plans.

@Korth sorry but you remember distinctly incorrectly.  People used to suggest the 10-day text-only as the cheapest way to either try out the service or to extend an absence beyond 90 days for the least amount of $.  It's never been valid (in the 2.5 years I've been around, anyway) to have a plan of any length with zero services.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren

Seriously?  All this time I thought there was a "local" Talk option, not Province, not Canada, not Canada+USA, lol.  I distinctly recall people used to discuss this as cheap basic service for 10-day plans, although maybe they were wrong or I am wrong or things have changed.

If "no option" is not a valid option then I recommend PM changes the Build Your Own Plan page so that the minimum necessary selections are defaulted.  Or at least a red comment to the effect of "you must choose at least one option".  The BYOP calculator should not allow users to proceed with results which aren't valid plans.

srlawren

@Korthwrote:

@srlawrenwrote:

$5?  how?  The cheapest you can get a talk-only plan is to go 90 days, prov-wide talk, no text, no data = $60.  Take out $6 for AutoPay and you're at $54.  $54/90 = 60c per day x 365 = $219 per year / 12 = $18.25 + tax for a calendar month.  

I was assuming "Build Your Own Plan" ... "90-day" button ... cost $25 over 90 days.  Modified by -$6 AutoPay plus -$3 (self) Referral over 90 days, so $16 per 90 days = ~$65/year?

Why click "Province-wide Talk"?  I thought not selecting it still defaults "local" Talk?

@Korth no.  You have to make a selection.  There is no such thing as "local" talk at Public Mobile.  It's Province-wide, Canada-wide, Canada+US-wide, or nothing.  The $25 plan is not a plan at all and you cannot change to it or activate on it--you must have at least one service selected, at an additional cost over the $25.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawrenwrote:

$5?  how?  The cheapest you can get a talk-only plan is to go 90 days, prov-wide talk, no text, no data = $60.  Take out $6 for AutoPay and you're at $54.  $54/90 = 60c per day x 365 = $219 per year / 12 = $18.25 + tax for a calendar month.  

I was assuming "Build Your Own Plan" ... "90-day" button ... cost $25 over 90 days.  Modified by -$6 AutoPay plus -$3 (self) Referral over 90 days, so $16 per 90 days = ~$65/year?

Why click "Province-wide Talk"?  I thought not selecting it still defaults "local" Talk?

srlawren

@Korthwrote:

I was only thinking in terms of having one primary number used for everything.  With the option of paying ~$5/month overall to add a second number (for local calling), not very costly at all.

@Korth $5?  how?  The cheapest you can get a talk-only plan is to go 90 days, prov-wide talk, no text, no data = $60.  Take out $6 for AutoPay and you're at $54.  $54/90 = 60c per day x 365 = $219 per year / 12 = $18.25 + tax for a calendar month.  

@srlawren

I didn't think at all about splitting services across the two numbers.  Yes, it might work out a little cheaper with some balance of 2-option or 3-option or Promo discounts.  Two data plans could be cheaper than one large data plan, or could mix speeds and capacities, etc.  I don't know @Civic_E's specific needs.

I was only thinking in terms of having one primary number used for everything.  With the option of paying ~$5/month overall to add a second number (for local calling), not very costly at all.

srlawren

@Korthwrote:

I suppose a dual-SIM phone with two PM accounts can have two phone numbers.  You could select only the specific (or combined) Talk, Text, Data option(s) you actually need on the second number.

A basic Talk plan is only $10 per 30 days, you can save a little more with 90 day plan, AutoPay, and even a (self) Referral reward, looking at a final cost of SIM card plus ~$5/month.

@Korth not sure why you'd want to do that.  Single-service plans are the most expensive at PM due to zero discount, followed by 2-service with a small discount, and 3-service with the highest discount. It wouldn't make sense to have two lines with services split between them, as you'd end up paying more for the same thing.  Or maybe I didn't undertsand what you're suggesting here?

But yes, you can use two PM SIMs simultaneously in a dual-SIM phone.  I did that for a while with my primary line and a "3g" speed test line that PM provided to the oracles for a period of time to help test out that new feature.  

I suppose a dual-SIM phone with two PM accounts can have two phone numbers.  You could select only the specific (or combined) Talk, Text, Data option(s) you actually need on the second number.

A basic Talk plan is only $10 per 30 days, you can save a little more with 90 day plan, AutoPay, and even a (self) Referral reward, looking at a final cost of SIM card plus ~$5/month.

We are fortunate here at Public Mobile to be able to do this.  Some wesites refuse to allow the dot or plus to work, as they've been programed as invalid characters.

Also surprisingly, some ISPs do not allow aliases to happen, even though these aliases go way back to the beginnings of email on the ArpaNet.

Civic_E

@NDesaiwrote:

@Civic_Ewrote:

@NDesaiwrote:

@Civic_E Sorry, not possible to have multiple lines on a single account.

If you have a gmail account, you use the plus or dot trick to use the same email for multiple accounts. 

@NDesaiplease elaborate a little more....so if my regular gmail account is google123@gmail.com then it would be google123+@gmail.com ??

Using the dot trick, you can place a dot anywhere between your email. Example, google.123@gmail.com or google.1.23@gmail.com. 

Using the plus trick, you can add a word with your email. Example, google123+account1@gmail.com. 

More info here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks

@NDesaiInteresting. This forum is not all about only phones and plans after all 😉

@Civic_Ewrote:

@NDesaiwrote:

If you have a gmail account, you use the plus or dot trick to use the same email for multiple accounts. 

@NDesaiplease elaborate a little more....so if my regular gmail account is google123@gmail.com then it would be google123+@gmail.com ??

Using the dot trick, you can place a dot anywhere between your email. Example, google.123@gmail.com or google.1.23@gmail.com. 

Using the plus trick, you can add a word with your email. Example, google123+account1@gmail.com. 

More info here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Civic_E, were they not able to simply restore the original account?  If this system is like others, your account is not really deleted.  It's just blocked so you can't access it.  Anyway using email aliases is a great solution for the one account, one phone number system.

Civic_E

@NDesaiwrote:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.