cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts lost referral codes

Anjoi420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had 3 accounts i have that all went from over the amount of needed referrals for a free plan and suddenly they all 3 went to 10 referrals only. This is not cool!!  Cant even contact moderators as when i go to search the mod to send message nothing comes up

19 REPLIES 19

@maejestic 

I would ask for a second opinion on that one....why wouldn't they be able to add your referral code from the recreated account to your family's accounts? Did you get a new code or keep your existing one? There could be the $10 credit readded but if its family they should understand if its added and then clawed back. Talk to the family you referred and then try the moderators again. Can't hurt!

maejestic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost all my referral bonuses from referring my family when my account had to get reset due to a hacker who ported my number. Unfortunately, PM said there wasn't anything they could do about lost referrals. They just gave me a discount for that month and that's it. 😞

I wish you luck in restoring your bonuses!

@darlicious 

That’s true, there really is no reason to change the 4 digits we see when a customer changes numbers, but it does change. So that might be a very small improvement they could make to help us out. It shouldn’t be that much trouble to give us a 20 character custom location for tags, obviously there is already a similar field to nail the referring persons account or phone number to The referred account permanently. AN additional customizable field that I can put 604-123-4567 or Frank Smith into can’t be that difficult.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anjoi420 wrote:

I had 3 accounts i have that all went from over the amount of needed referrals for a free plan and suddenly they all 3 went to 10 referrals only. This is not cool!!  Cant even contact moderators as when i go to search the mod to send message nothing comes up

How many referrals did each account have before?

I hold the opinion that Public Mobile has a customer churn problem.  This time of year, shortly before school would normally be  about to start again, you can expect a bunch of your referrals to leave Public Mobile. However, usually this sort of evens out with new referral opportunities in September. 

This is a completely unverified number, but I would not be surprised that if during the months of July and August, Public Mobile might lose a good 5 to 10% of customers.  I do partially base this on the number of referrals that I've lost the last couple of years during this time period.  

When it comes to attracting new customers, I feel that Public Mobile has seriously fallen behind.  Public Mobile no longer has the best prices, nor do they offer full LTE speeds. While Public Mobile does have an excellent rewards program, the new customer does not immediately benefit from most of those rewards. There are now even postpaid carriers offerimg plans that are much better than anything that Public Mobile has to offer and will even include a phone for that price. This comes into play when trying to refer more friends to the service. 

Also keep in mind that around now is about 6 months after a previous $10 off promo that last for the first 6 renewals. From my experiences, as many of half those customers may go elsewhere after the plan returns back to regular price.

I sense the newer customers are less apt to stay but the old ones that came here during the 2016 fall promo might find it compelling to hang around since that plan is approaching $33 per renewal with autopay and loyalty.  Even with a handful of referrals and you can go below $30 which is pretty hard to beat.  Obviously the current customers can put themselves into the same situation years later.  These days there is better competition than back in 2016.  So customers leave before they see the benefits of loyalty.  Churn makes referrals a real house of cards.  If a customer leaves, that can set off an avalanche of departures because it increases the cost for the referring party.  One thing Public Mobile could consider is dropping the cost of the $40/5GB plan which would have the effect of accelerating the loyalty reward.  At the end of the day, customers should remain loyal to their wallet.  Churn represents opportunity.  

@Anjoi420 

To go from 150 to 30 total seems to be a drastic reduction but you personally referred 150 customers? If so well done....and the correction seems a little to coincidental to be 10 each. Out 150 you should be able to identify 50? If your referrals do change their number pm should reflect that change....that may be part of the issue.

@AE_Collector 

Perhaps pm should list the last 4 digits and their fpreferral code that way if their number ever changes their referral code would not....the code is basically anonymous so why not?

@AE_Collector, my comment was basically to keep track of the numbers listed in the account and check on it monthly if some are missing ask PM why your referral with 1234 is missing.

I agree it was easier to track when we had all 10 digits but with privacy concerns, I see why this has changed just with our referral code.  PM is growing and no longer are referrals just family and friends but could be people you have never met and there really isn't a need for them to have your phone number or you to have theirs to save a few bucks.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anjoi420 wrote:

How many referrals did each account have before?

I hold the opinion that Public Mobile has a customer churn problem.  This time of year, shortly before school would normally be  about to start again, you can expect a bunch of your referrals to leave Public Mobile. However, usually this sort of evens out with new referral opportunities in September. 

This is a completely unverified number, but I would not be surprised that if during the months of July and August, Public Mobile might lose a good 5 to 10% of customers.  I do partially base this on the number of referrals that I've lost the last couple of years during this time period.  

When it comes to attracting new customers, I feel that Public Mobile has seriously fallen behind.  Public Mobile no longer has the best prices, nor do they offer full LTE speeds. While Public Mobile does have an excellent rewards program, the new customer does not immediately benefit from most of those rewards. There are now even postpaid carriers offerimg plans that are much better than anything that Public Mobile has to offer and will even include a phone for that price. This comes into play when trying to refer more friends to the service. 

Also keep in mind that around now is about 6 months after a previous $10 off promo that last for the first 6 renewals. From my experiences, as many of half those customers may go elsewhere after the plan returns back to regular price.

@Anjoi420 hi when you were referred people was it the old way where you would use your phone number or the new code type?

@Anjoi420 wrote:

I feel that but still i never logged all my referrals so how can we know now. Is what it is, im not referring anyone else to a system that may just suddenly decide to “work properly” by removing all the referrals i built up. Was a good run while it lasted!

If you lost “some” referrals the corrections PM made could be the explanation. If three accounts all dropped to exactly 10 referrals each, that sounds odd and rather than pulling the plug on any more referrals I would enquire with the moderators for an explanation. Then please come back to this topic and let us know what they have to say about it.

I have more than 10 referrals on one account and it hasn’t dropped to 10 now.

AE_Collector

@ShawnC13 

The only problem I have with this scenario is the lack of info they now give us. I find it extremely difficult to track my referrals considering we only are given the last 4 digits, the drop down list only shows 5 or 6 numbers at once and I cant begin to figure out what the sort order of the list is. Also, people change their phone numbers occasionally and there is no notification to us of a number change having been made. I am not a person in a position to rack up large numbers of referrals but I have done fairly well. Some of my referrals were to people who I have no idea what their phone number is. I asked Tiana (I think it was) if she could enquire with programmers to see if there were something they could do to help us track our referrals easier and she said she would look into it. But 6 or 10 months later I never heard back and nothing ever improved. If we cant see the full phone number then being able to tag each referral with a name or a referral number or the full Phone number (if we do know it) AND letting us see more than 6 referrals at a time in a list that is sorted in some sort of logical fashion would be a really big help. Allowing this improvement would at least make it possible for us to keep track of referrals if we choose to but the way it is since they stopped showing us the 10 digit number makes it pretty much impossible to track them.

AE_Collector

Anjoi420

I feel that but still i never logged all my referrals so how can we know now. Is what it is, im not referring anyone else to a system that may just suddenly decide to “work properly” by removing all the referrals i built up. Was a good run while it lasted!

@Anjoi420 wrote:

Funny. “Fixed” and destroyed are similar in this because how could i possibly go back and message every person of the 150 i referred to see who is still with pm and have them message pm to say yah they are my referral 😅😅😅 nice one PM way to smack the hammer down. Makes sense for them to not lose money but i know there were more people left with pm than 10 and since i have 3 accounts all with the exact same thing happening it seems like a default was chosen. 

A default was not chosen.  PM can easily verify any referrals.  You provide them the number and they can verify if it is still active on PM.  An issue that created the "Ghost" referrals was when an account would get suspended that when it was reactivated a second referral was generated and paid out but no new number was added to the list of referred numbers.  For our referrals, it is still on us to verify the accuracy of them and make sure the credits are reflected correctly.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Anjoi420 wrote:

Contact the Moderator_Team via private message, click this link

A new window should open up directly to he Moderators.

@gblackma also mentions this link in the "slower" method.

But I think they respond quite quickly.

Hope this gets figured out for you.

@Anjoi420 wrote:

Funny. “Fixed” and destroyed are similar in this because how could i possibly go back and message every person of the 150 i referred to see who is still with pm and have them message pm to say yah they are my referral 😅😅😅 nice one PM way to smack the hammer down. Makes sense for them to not lose money but i know there were more people left with pm than 10 and since i have 3 accounts all with the exact same thing happening it seems like a default was chosen. 

@Anjoi420   Log into your account and half way down the overview page click My Rewards, then the little arrow for Total Rewards and you should be able to see the last four digits of all your referrals there.  The only other way to sort this out is to contact moderators and ask what happened.

Anjoi420

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Anjoi420 hello awhile ago Public cleaned up there referral system this may have something to do with it but if you know they are all still there contact a moderator good luck

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anjoi420 PM recently cleaned up some phantom referrals. Check the last 4 digits of your remaining referrals here.

20200512_195312.jpg

If you feel that they were wrongly removed. Contact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Anjoi420 wrote:

@Anjoi420   PM recently fixed a system glitch which was allowing for referrals that were no longer with PM but the referee was still receiving RAF reward in error.  If you know for sure that your referrals are still customers here then contact moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anjoi420 wrote:

@Anjoi420 hello try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner

Need Help? Let's chat.