cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another provider - can I pay a prorated amount for the shorter pay cycle?

ben_wb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM,

I was just offered a better price on a plan by Telus, and will be migrating to them. Does anybody know if PM will reimburse a prorated amount for unused service? My plan renewed on Dec 26, and I have cancelled the autopayment scheduled for Jan 26.

Thanks very much,

Benny

6 REPLIES 6

@ben_wb   curious, what deal you got from Telus?

ben_wb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is helpful. Thank you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ben_wb 

PM service is prepaid.  There is no refund of the unused portion of your current cycle after you ported you PM number to Telus.  You may want to negotiate with Telus to you give credit on your new Telus account like free activation free etc.  If you are using retailer to do the activation, ask for extra credit or GC etc.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ben_wb   PM is prepaid and hence no refund.

To minimize the lost, maybe you can activate Telus a bit later?  But be careful, if you need to port your number over, you will need to do it when PM account is still active.  If your next pay date is Jan 25 (30 days after Dec 26), try to arrange a porting no later than Jan 20 to give yourself some extra time.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ben_wb wrote:

Hello PM,

I was just offered a better price on a plan by Telus, and will be migrating to them. Does anybody know if PM will reimburse a prorated amount for unused service? My plan renewed on Dec 26, and I have cancelled the autopayment scheduled for Jan 26.

Thanks very much,

Benny

No repfunds for unused services. However, there are reports of flexibility if you have Available Funds remaining. Only the CSAs know what can be done for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb wrote:

Hello PM,

Thanks very much,

Benny

@ben_wb    Sorry, no...PM doesn't prorate or refund since it's a prepaid service.   Good idea to remove your payment card.

You can always ask customer support via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen since you are staying within the Telus family.

Need Help? Let's chat.