cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to new province with lower tax still being charged higher tax on payments

sonu3125
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I moved a to a new province which has lower tax on sale and services. I updated my address on profile a month ago and also updated credit card and billing address to the new one but yesterday I was charged for the monthly plan and was charged higher tax from the previous province. Where else do I need to update my new address for tax amount to change?

7 REPLIES 7

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sonu3125 

However you do have an option.

You can go to a gas station or corner store in your new province and buy top-up vouchers at the lower tax rate and add them to your account to pay your bill.

Below are places vouchers are sold 

Screenshot_20220223-194333_Chrome.jpg

sonu3125

Thank you!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sonu3125 Tax goes by phone number area code. If you want to change your phone number to the new province you're in you can do so by logging into your account. Click Change Phone Number and pick a new number in the new province.

Otherwise keep your current number and pay the tax for that province rate.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sonu3125   In order for it to charge a lower tax, you have to Change your Phone number to a number with area code in the province you are in now.  So, you have to give up your current phone number.  

If you want, you can change number via My Account, you can change up to 4 times every month   

The tax is based on the province that your area code belongs to.

sonu3125

What does personal tax return has to do with billing?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sonu3125 

How about your tax returns for 2021? 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.