cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to Koodo mobile but still charged by Public Mobile

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved to Koodo Mobile on July 4th. My number was transferred the same day and my Public Mobile account was closed but Public Mobile has charged me for the billing period starting July 12th. I request a refund and cancellation of the Public Mobile auto payment.

7 REPLIES 7

Reply to them again. Maybe a different agent will have a different method. Or start a whole new conversation and maybe a different agent will have a different method.
This is unacceptable. And we hear about these unacceptable charges after porting out on these rare occurrences. It's rare enough that we only hear from only just a few of the many that port out. But it's way too often for it to be a one off. I still hesitate on a chargeback because you still have business with Koodo.
Another option is the C C T S. Mention that to the agent and maybe something might happen.
Just keep asking to escalate. It seems more and more that the first line of support are very limited in what they can do and what they know. Sometimes you can get one that can figure things out though.

The agent referred this to an "account investigation" department (or something like that). The agent said it would take 4-7 days but I haven't heard back yet. FYI this was a monthly plan. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'd do a chargeback of just that transaction to make the company feel some pain for this unacceptable charge after port out. But I suppose there's a risk that that could affect the upstream Koodo account. Maybe they could move that amount over to your Koodo account. The problem with refunds is that they take so long. Companies are lightning quick to take your money but snail slow to give it back.

@BKNS27 

agreed that it's a prepaid service but PM claims that the account is closed automatically, once port away successfully.  I'd ask for a refund too.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@7788935868 

Please note that PM is a prepaid service so it is very slim that you can get a refund but it is worth a try and ask a CS_Agent for a refund.

Thanks, Handy1, I sent a message CS_Agents.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@7788935868  You need to engage support for that here’s the link 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

adding you might wanna edit out your phone number this is public forum 

tap down arrow by time stamp in your post to edit 

Need Help? Let's chat.