cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved provinces (data)

NBCTHESLAP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am currently on the old $32/month plan (1 GB data, provincial call, international text) but at the end of the month I am changing it to the new $25/month plan (500 MB + 500 MB Autopay, Canada-wide call, international text).

I recently moved provinces (to MB) and now it appears that I can no longer access my data. Will this change once I get my new plan, or do Public Mobile plans limit data provincially? Can anyone offer any advice? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@gpixel  That's not correct. There is no such thing as provincial data. The "provincial" part only relates to outgoing phone calls.

@NBCTHESLAP The fact that you moved to a different provonce is not a factor for data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NBCTHESLAP wrote:

I just read on an old post that data is Canada-wide. I actually just realized my data was disabled on my phone. I fixed that and my data works now.

Thanks all for the advice

Thanks for being brave with the duh moment. 🙂 Funny how sometimes it's the simplest of things.

NBCTHESLAP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just read on an old post that data is Canada-wide. I actually just realized my data was disabled on my phone. I fixed that and my data works now.

Thanks all for the advice

[It pays to help yourself, eh? ......... Luddite]

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NBCTHESLAP wrote:

Hello,

I am currently on the old $32/month plan (1 GB data, provincial call, international text) but at the end of the month I am changing it to the new $25/month plan (500 MB + 500 MB Autopay, Canada-wide call, international text).

I recently moved provinces (to MB) and now it appears that I can no longer access my data. Will this change once I get my new plan, or do Public Mobile plans limit data provincially? Can anyone offer any advice? 

Thanks

I suspect it's coincidental that you've used all your plan data. Provincial should only affect calling.

Edit: perhaps flip in/out of airplane mode. You can check your overview page for the data counter. If it's not there then you've used it.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.