cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved my # from Telus to Public - No Cell Service

limgeomatics
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moved my # from Telus to Public Mobile last night.  Activated SIM no issue with transfer.  Put SIM in unlocked iPhone 6s.  No cell service.  Tried in unlocked iPhone SE.  No cell service.  Tried popping out and putting back in SIM as per Get Help chat support.  No use.  Used the ChatBot and tried to submit ticket.  Can't log in.  Created a Community account.  Tried to login to create ticket.  Still error logging in.  How do I get a live human to help?

3 REPLIES 3

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@limgeomatics you can try 2 things 

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.
  2. leave your SIM in your iPhone 6s and reset your network settings. Welcome to PM. Stay safe.
  • Reset your Network Settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Finetworks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Your phone should automatically restart if it doesn't. If it works, Then enable your data, sms and mms so that you can receive messages from Android phones.  Welxome to PM. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@limgeomatics 

Try my procedure to create support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages'

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@limgeomatics wrote:

Moved my # from Telus to Public Mobile last night.  Activated SIM no issue with transfer.  Put SIM in unlocked iPhone 6s.  No cell service.  Tried in unlocked iPhone SE.  No cell service.  Tried popping out and putting back in SIM as per Get Help chat support.  No use.  Used the ChatBot and tried to submit ticket.  Can't log in.  Created a Community account.  Tried to login to create ticket.  Still error logging in.  How do I get a live human to help?

@limgeomatics 

If you are having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.