cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X Play 7.1.1 Android Nougat Released

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a heads up for anyone with a Moto X Play that the update has been pushed out to phones (I just got my notification today). I've seen a few posts in other forums that some people have been having some problems so its probably a good idea to back up your data. So far, I've had no troubles with mine. Happy updating!

5 REPLIES 5

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Is it really just now getting Nougat, some 15 months or so after it's public release?  Wow....

If you think that's bad, Motorola Canada has still yet to deliver the promised Moto G4 Play Nougat update.

I purchased that phone for a family member. I was expecting the update sometime in the summer. I'm not surprised it's not out yet considering they're owned by Lenovo now. At least they've been releasing security updates I guess.

For the more tech savvy, I think installing LineageOS on older phones is a very good alternative

@srlawren wrote:

Is it really just now getting Nougat, some 15 months or so after it's public release?  Wow....

If you think that's bad, Motorola Canada has still yet to deliver the promised Moto G4 Play Nougat update.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear - I've been on 7.1.2 with a custom ROM for quite a while and it's been a great experience so glad Nougat is coming to everyone else.

I've had this phone for about two years now and no pressing desire to get a new device. 🙂

I installed this update a few hours ago. I didn't get the update notification but updated after manually checking for it.  I haven't seeen any significant problems with the update.

Need Help? Let's chat.