cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G not sending texts to certain people

Lgrant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an android Motorola phone am having trouble sending texts to certain people. There are days when messages are randomly not received by the other person (even though my phone says delivered), and vice versa. Restarting my phone sometimes helps but not always. It is always the same two people (one is my mom so I am not blocked haha, the other is an iPhone user).

Any ideas why this is happening ? I recently upgraded my phone but my old (Motorola) one was having the same problem, with the same people.

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lgrant wrote:

I have an android Motorola phone am having trouble sending texts to certain people. There are days when messages are randomly not received by the other person (even though my phone says delivered), and vice versa. Restarting my phone sometimes helps but not always. It is always the same two people (one is my mom so I am not blocked haha, the other is an iPhone user).

Any ideas why this is happening ? I recently upgraded my phone but my old (Motorola) one was having the same problem, with the same people.

@Lgrant, go into the settings of that messaging chain you are having with that person.  It will either have a Chat feature toggle or send all messages MMS SMS.   Turn the chat feature off if available or turn on send all messages SMS/MMS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lgrant  - Disable the Chat Features ( if it is turned on ).

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  3. Turn Enable chat features off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lgrant 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lgrant   Are you sending MMS?  messages with pictures?  If so, did your friend turn on Data?  He needs Data enabled to receive MMS

Need Help? Let's chat.